Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Beginner

Default Won a cruise at bingo on Serenade of the Seas

Just returned from a fabulous Alaska cruise on Royal Caribbean. Not
only did we have record high temps and no rain whatsoever, we won a
7-night Caribbean cruise for 2 at Royal Bingo!
Of course, there are several restrictions. It excludes major holiday
sailings, as well as June and July sailings, stateroom categories are
inside or outside, and it can be booked no earlier than 30 days prior
to sailing. We live in British Columbia, so our airfare will be fairly
costly.
Has anyone else won a cruise from the cruise line? With all the
restrictions, were you able to find a suitable cruise, or did you end
up forfeiting the cruise due to the lack of options?
Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Joan
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I won a free cruise on the Conquest (a Carnival ship). It was for a lowest deck oceanview cabin. It too excluded holiday sailings. I did discover that you can choose ANY cruise you wish from ANY port as long as it is a seven day cruise (or less of it says so). I asked about the possibility to upgrade to a balcony cabin and Carnival allows it, but you pay the difference, in my case it was $400. Taxes and airfare is not included, so factor that in.

You can take the offer as is and have a oceanview or inside cabin and only pay the taxes/fees and pay for air/hotel if going overnight, or do an upgrade. Overall, you get a sweet deal cuz the cruise costs is minimal!!!!!

Options of where to go--I too am Canadian (Edmonton, AB) and I went out of Miami for my free cruise, but if you want to see the Mexican Riviera they (RCI) sail out of LA. Air to LA from BC would be cheap (I am paying around $500 to fly to LA in September from Edmonton on Westjet on a $159 each way seat sale).

Congrats and I hope the free cruise is fun!!!

PS: Westjet just annouced that it will fly to Miami starting in November, so you could sail out of Miami and get ait to Miami for a very fair price. I sail out of Miami in January and could have gotten a seat sale price for $711 round trip!!!!!!! (Canadian of course).

My mom was on the same ship as you and didn't like the ship as much cuz to gret anywhere you had to go to the central atrium. They were at the back of the ship on a Deck 7 balcony (that didn't look down to the water cuz the lifeboat moorings were right there). SHe did like the trip and the food. She did say that Carnival ships are MUCH easier to get around.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Admiral

you have to weigh all the possibilities, do you have to take your cruise before a certain date, and if so, can you afford to go- airfare. You will probably get a cabin on one of the lowest decks, if thats not a big deal then i would consider that, get away from the cold in the winter. If you want to upgrade to a bette cabin find out the pricing. IF you can swing it i say go for it.