Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Beginner

Default Suggestions 4 Mediterranean cruise, ships? ports? excursions

I'm thinking of planning a 2 week cruise with BF to the Mediterranean and need help so I don't make a big mistake.

I say this because I just did a week in Alaska and will NEVER do Carnival (spirit in May) again. It was nothing more then a floating hotel with food, there was absolutely nothing to do on the ship itself.

With that said, can some of you please give suggestions, what has worked, what was worth seeing, what cruise line you liked and what might of sucked and to stay away from. I don't want to spend a lot of money for another disappointment.

THANKS !!!!!

Ka
t
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Wow, I did Carnival Spirit at the end of May and loved it and with be on Carnival Dream for a Mediterranean cruise and then the Transatlantic.

Food is one of the attractions of a cruise and we had no problem keeping busy on the ship.

In Alaska, there is all the scenery and wildlife sightings to soak in.

Both Alaska and the Mediterranean tend to be port intensive itineraries and few sea days.

On my Med cruise, there will be 9 port days and 3 sea days. The sea days will be needed for recovering from all the running around on shore.

You can see what I did on the Carnival Freedom Med cruise a couple of years ago here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/free_map.htm

If you are looking for a serious party atmosphere, neither Alaska nor Europe are likely to provide that.