Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Default Flight Insurance

How many of our members purchase Flight Insurance? if so what companies do you recommend. At one time I used to see vending machines in the airport but do not remember seeing them lately,maybe they are there but I have not noticed them.
Zuiderdam 2006
Westerdam 2007
Statendam 2008
River Odyssey 2008
Prinsendam 2009
Volendam Booked for 10-26-09
Bizet Booked for 5- 7-10
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Flight Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsalt
How many of our members purchase Flight Insurance? if so what companies do you recommend. At one time I used to see vending machines in the airport but do not remember seeing them lately,maybe they are there but I have not noticed them.
I never purchase the old fashioned "Flight Life Insurance". I have a better chance of winning the lottery, hit by lightning or a much better chance of being killed driving to the airport, than being killed in a plane crash.

The only time I buy cancellation/health insurance is for a cruise or if I am going to be outside the country. I can handle the loss of the airfare. Actually you rarely lose all of your airfare. Most "non-refundable" airfares still allow you retain the remainder of the fare after the change fee is deducted. The change fee is usually around $100. On most airlines, the remainder goes into a voucher that you can use for a flight within one year.

My insurance covers all medical emergencies within the U.S. so additional insurance is a waste of money.

If you still want to buy flight insurance than you can check www.insuremytrip.com or take the insurance option when you buy your tickets online.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the information Mike. I also have the trip insurance that most cruise lines sell, plus I have a good insurance plan for inside the USA,however I was just considering the airline flight accident coverage as it would be a nice sum to leave any children. Buying a regular insurance plan at my age is too much of a risk for any insurance carrier.
Zuiderdam 2006
Westerdam 2007
Statendam 2008
River Odyssey 2008
Prinsendam 2009
Volendam Booked for 10-26-09
Bizet Booked for 5- 7-10