Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Familiar Face

Default VERANDAS ON SIDE VERSUS BACK OF SHIP

Hello,
My partner and I will be booking the Celebrity Solstice cruise leaving Feb 7th from Ft lauderdale. We will book a cabin with veranda but are not sure of the pros and cons of back versus side of ship for veranda. Motion sickness is not a big issue with us for that's really not a factor but I cant' help but feel there are other considerations. Your thoughts and experience would be very very helpful to us.
Thanks,
Paul and Marc
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:36 PM
First Mate

Hi Paul & Marc,
We prefer back of the ship for the view.Try to have a corner for a large
view. Have a nice cruise.
MTL
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: VERANDAS ON SIDE VERSUS BACK OF SHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJude
Hello,
My partner and I will be booking the Celebrity Solstice cruise leaving Feb 7th from Ft Lauderdale. We will book a cabin with veranda but are not sure of the pros and cons of back versus side of ship for veranda. Motion sickness is not a big issue with us for that's really not a factor but I cant' help but feel there are other considerations. Your thoughts and experience would be very very helpful to us.
Thanks,
Paul and Marc
Never book a balcony cabin on the back of the ship. There are evil trolls that live there, funny smells, soot on your balcony and you will be the first to be attacked by pirates. Don't book them. That way there are more available for me.

Seriously: Aft balcony cabins are IMO the best cabins on the ship. You have a great view of aft, port and stern even though you may be looking at where you've been rather than where you're going. The views are stunning and there is nothing like sitting out on your balcony at night and watching the stars, the lights and ships in the distance and staring at the wake. Many aft balcony cabins are slightly larger and almost all aft balconies are larger than a standard balcony cabin.

The actual negatives about an aft cabin are that some have a greater amount of vibration because of the engines/propellers. Some aft balconies are not as private because of others being able to see you from overhead. Some people have reported soot and "debris" such as cigarette butts on their balconies but other than some water from the washing of the above decks, I've never had this problem.

The only soot I've ever had on my balcony was when we booked a Penthouse Suite on the Norway. There was soot on the balcony almost every morning. I didn't care because I loved that ship.

If can book an aft balcony cabin; do it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It's amamzing how popular the aft cabins are now...I think some Cruisemates had a hand in that I once had a corner aft, that was humongus, and, fabulous, & felt no vibrations...book the aft now

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator