Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Beginner

Default Travel Agent

Am I allowed to make factual comments regarding a travel agent? If so, what forum do you recommend.
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Factual comments are fine, you just can't name names, phone #, e-mail, etc. There is areas here at Cruisemates where travel agents can advertize, they are most welcome to go that route.

If you are truly happy witn an agent, you can comment on that. Many of us deal with very good ones, but the message boards are not a place to advertize them, sorry.

Were you just recently on a cruise?? If so, many posters love reading reviews, feel free to submit yours as well :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Beginner

Default Travel Agent

Donna,
Thanks for your response. Here are the facts in short. 18 months ago I purchased a cruise from ****** Cruises picked confirmd and paid for cabin B401. This April while reserving my excursions, I noticed I was in Cabin B433 right adjacent to the elevators. I contacted my travel agent and he informed me Princess made the change and there is nothing I could do about it.

I contacted Princess and they advised my agent made the change on 18 April 2009 at 2:25 PM. I again advised my travel agent and to date, he has done nothing about it. Princess did advise me they contacted the new owners of B410 and they refused to move for which I cannot blame them. He claims he is working with Princess to offer me another room via a cancellation but I cannot prove he is working with them. He just flat will not own up to this mistake and I'm stuck with it.

I just want travelers to know what can happen to them. I am sailing on Princess this coming Nov 18th 33 days from Rome IT to Ft Lauderdale Booking CDWl5G in a cabin I would have never selected if it were half the price. A wonderful Cruise booked way early to get my choices and now this. The cruise is totally waitlisted for all categories so unless someone cancels, I will not get an offer...Princess would like to help but they cannot as the cruise is booked. It's a catch 22 for which I get the feeling I have no rights.
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Admiral

Sorry to hear about the cabin change, doesn't sound like your agent is working for you.. You can look at the contact info for some of the Cruisemates group cruises and next time, give her a call. It just pays to have a "good" t/a. I certainly hope you get a cabin change before your cruise, that was something your agent should of run by you. Booking a guarantee cabin catagory would of been the way to go as it turns out, you wanted a specific cabin and didn't get it. Booking a guarantee catagory can save you a few dollars too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Default cABIN cHANGE

Donna,
Thanks for the tips regarding Travel Agents. Working with my TA from ****** is extremely difficult. He will not even reply to my e-mails. I have no idea if he's working for me or not. I can confirm there are two employee's at Princess Customer Service that are working extremely hard to offer me another room if it becomes available right up to check in time. I have even had to add a note to my record at Princess "That the Travel Agent" not be allowed to make any changes to the Princess Computer System on this booking. After the error he made, I just cannot trust him. I am extremely suprised that a TA has the capability to make changes to your record without going through Princess. Learn something new every day..
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Hi Cnj,
I guess you just live and learn as you go along. Honestly though, a good travel agent is worth their weight in gold, so next time.....

I'm sure your cabin will be fine, its actually kind of nice to be by the elevators and hopefully you won't be bothered by any noise.

Have a great cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Beginner

Default Travel Agent

Donna,
You recommended I look at the Group Agents on this website but I could not find it. Where can I find a good list of Travel Agents to select one.
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Beginner

Default Travel Agent

Donna,
Just to update you and your readers, per your recommendation, I am now in Contact with a TA advertising with and recommended by one of your Cruisemates who has agreed to take care of my future Travel needs. I have asked the TA ****** for compensation for making the unauthorized change and he will not respond to my e-mails. Although Princess Cruises Customer Support is working very hard with me personnaly to change the room, I have forwarded the entire circumstances to the Florida Attorney General's Office as a complaint in the area of Travel/Timeshare. I realize that the room the TA moved me to may not be that bad, it is the principle of the situation. I plunked my cash down and paid for, and received confirmation for Cabin B401 and the TA did not have my approval or right to change it. I still plan to enjoy the cruise even though this TA has tried his best to start it off miserably.