CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Luggage tags and guaranteed cabins (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/369574-luggage-tags-guaranteed-cabins.html)

Sid1962 November 22nd, 2009 08:03 AM

Luggage tags and guaranteed cabins

Folks,

While we have yet to book a guarantee, I am curious as to what the process is with regard to luggage.

If you book a non-guarantee, you know the cabin number well in advance of showing up at the pier. You either have pre-printed luggage tags, or can fill them out as you hand off to the porters.

But with a guarantee, how does that work? Do you know in advance what your cabin number is? If so, how far in advance? If not, what happens? How does your luggage get to the right cabin?

Thanks in advance.

skymaster November 22nd, 2009 08:49 AM

Hi Sid: I'm not a CruiseMates Staffer, nor do I play one on T.V., but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I know the answer to this one.
(Actually, we book GTY a LOT!)
If you don't have your cabin number before heading out to the port, all you need do is ask the porter, when you drop your checked baggage to look up your cabin number, and place the correct tags on your bags. (Actually, you can do this anyway, if you forgot to print, or you just don't like the "new" luggage tags.) The porters have a list of all the passengers, and what cabin they're assigned to, and they have luggage tags that they can place on all your checked baggage.
This doesn't happen often with a GTY, but occasionally it does, and that is the solution.
Have a GREAT cruise!

Ken
"SKY"

Forgot to mention. Ordinarily the cabin will be assigned right after final payment is made. It can be assigned anytime between then, and embarkation. We always just check the Carnival Web Page.

Donna November 22nd, 2009 02:53 PM

A lot of the time, you will know your cabin assignment before your cruise and if enough time, they mail them along with your docs, unless everything is e-docs. Just ask at the pier if you do not receive luggage tags, they will take care of you.

beenie weenie November 27th, 2009 09:31 PM

Hey Sid one last thing, when ever I have to use the luggage tags at the port, I hate standing there writing everything out, so instead I carry return address labels, like the ones I stick on envelopes when I pay the bills. Then all I have to write on the tags are my phone number and room number. It saves a lot of time.

brownie77 December 10th, 2009 03:45 PM

cabins

We have booked a gty cabin for the first time in august on the glory we are british. but have booked with vacations to go we hope to get an upgrade.:):confused: when would we know

Donna December 10th, 2009 07:46 PM

Hi Brownie,
Just keep checking in your personal information on the cruiseline site, once a cabin is assigned, they list it there....Hope you do get a good upgrade :-)

brownie77 December 11th, 2009 11:58 AM

Thanks will i be able to check even if we are not going till august