Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default FLL-BOS, 1 stop with short layovers?

Our cruise disembarks in Fort Lauderdale on 4/18 and I was looking at flights home. The only non-stop I found was Jet Blue and right now it is a little pricey compared to those with 1-stop (any airline).

It seems most that leave FLL around Noon-2pm with 1 stop only has a 30-50 minute layover in either Richmond, Newark, JFK, Atlantic City and a few other airports.

I would hate to miss my connection and those layovers are so short if anything goes wrong at the airport or with the plane I would probably miss the connection and I would hate to be stranded at the airport.

Do you think these layovers are just cutting it too close? Should I just book a later flight with a longer layover (was hoping to get home before 7 and most other flights arrive in BOS around 10) or just pay the extra money for the non-stop?
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

In MHO, it is cutting it a bit short...What is the extra for the non stop?

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

It is about an extra $250 (total for 2 people) for the non stop. I suppose I could look at it as an insurance of not having to worry about missing a connection.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

if you can handle the extra cost for the non-stop, go for it, i much prefer a non-stop flight
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yeah, I think I might just go for the non-stop. I can just spend a little less in Ft. Lauderdale to offset some of the extra costs. Its on Jet Blue so I'll have a little extra leg room too. I've had flights delayed over an hour in the past all because of a light bulb being out inside the cabin so it wouldn't take much to miss a connection with only 40-50 minutes to spare.