Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Beginner

Default Is a cruise good for spring break

I am looking to go on a spring break cruise, but I don't know if there are a lot of college people on a cruise for those times. Do many students choose to go on a cruise, or do they normally just pick a destination. Any help would be great.

-Thanks

-Andrew
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Spring break last for almost 2 months, and yes, there could be college kids onboard, but schools throughout the US are off on different weeks, so its tough to tell. You can almost tell by the high prices when the spring break cruises are...

I personally love to cruise later winter and early spring, so look forward to some warm temps and sun! When were you looking at cruising?

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Beginner

I am plannig on going either the week of March 8th or March 15th. I am leaning towards the 15th due to my schedual, but it looks like the 8th might be better due the Florida college breaks. I am excited to go, but I do not want to be disapointed for picking the wrong week/type of vacation.
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Hi Andrew,
I wouldn't worry too much about the spring break thing. Even if every school in Florida has break the same week, they aren't the only ones who cruise and they go to a lot of different places. Pick the cruise that appeals to you the most and go with an open mind and heart. You will have a great time that way, regardless of who you are sharing the ship with. And today's ships are big enough that it is very rare for any age group to dominate the cruise.
Have fun.
Marty
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just go the week that works best for you. I've cruised during spring break time and the weather has always been nice and never too many kids. Gosh, can't wait for spring here, its freezing, snowing, UGH!

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 14th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Spring Break will bring out all the families, so you will find a lot of younger children on the cruise.

You also have to remember that some cruise lines have AGE LIMITS-you will have to consult the cruise line you choose to see if you can actually cruise without a person over a certain age in each cabin you occupy.

Cruising during Spring Break would be a good thing, but if you go when up to 1/3 or more of the ship is children and there are a lot of teenagers, it may not be so fun for you with all those teenage girls or boys oogling you and your friends because you are cute/or gorgeous.......

Good luck and enjoy!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Admiral

Depends what you're looking for, and remember that there are many spring breaks depending on schools, and different areas and even different countries.
If you are young and looking for "party mode" I would say you'll have a great time on a spring break cruise. If you're older and prefer a quieter more sedate cruise, I would not recommend it.
Also, your choice of cruiseline would have something to do with how much partying goes on and/or how quiet it might be.
Hope that helps...

donna