Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Passenger

Default RCCL cruiser looking for a good comparison

Thanks so much for always answering all of these silly questions!
I have been on 2 cruises, both RCCL - Navigator and Voyager. They seemed identical to me.
We now are taking the kids and are looking to Carnival or NCL (because they seem to be a bit cheaper) ??
I am worried that these cruise lines may vary so much that I will be dissapointed.
The things I loved about RCCL was the large theater, large main dining room and the large pools - everything was super clean and seem top-notch to me.
Am I going to find those things with Carnival or NCL? Or am I really going to see a large difference?
I am trying to find the newest ships from both of these companies thinking that is the only way to come close to my RCCL experience.
What ships from these 2 lines have you found to be the best.
We are going to the Caribbean and our kids are 15 and 10.
Thanks again so much

Navigator of the Seas May 2006
Voyager of the Seas April 2007
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The things you mentioned for comparisons, the large theater, large main dining room and the large pools,& cleanliness, you will find the same on NCL or Carnival in my opinion.. Dining on NCL you will have many more options then on the other 2 lines. Many though, will have a fee....

I would look at the Dream or the Epic, for the closest comparisons...bothe are the newest and the biggest.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 31st, 2010, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Royal Caribbean has some of the most aesthetically pleasing ships, with their Promenade deck creating quite a unique passenger passageway.

On Carnival you'll find a livelier atmosphere, less visually impressive public areas, larger cabins, and in my opinion, better food.

On NCL, as with Carnival, the decor is more flamboyant, and is a bit of a bombardment of the senses. But I personally love all the dining options.

Whichever you choose will have excellent entertainment, and excellent children's facilities.

Trip suggested the Dream or soon to debut Epic. I'd add Freedom or Liberty from Carnival, and Gem or Pearl from NCL.