Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Beginner

Default Ticketing Problem/ Need suggestions

My son recently booked a cruise on-line thru Expedia on Carnival. This was a large group going on a 7 day cruise out of Miami. There were two Carnival ships going out same day/port/time/same itinerary reversed and he somehow booked on wrong ship.

He has been trying to resolve with both Expedia/Carnival to get on the right cruise with his 20 plus other friends and can not get them to budge.

Has anyone had similiar type problem ?
Can Expedia resolve if they wanted to or does Carnival make the decision ?

Any upper level contacts would be greatly appericated.

We are willing to to pay some type administrative fee to change this booking,
but no one is willing to get this changed.

Time is running short since cruise leaves in two weeks.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow, when did he figure out he booked the wrong ship?? I would think, he could cancel the wrong one and re-book the right one, although there may be some charges involved to do that. I'd keep up with the phone calls to both Expedia and Carnival and see what they can do. So sorry to hear of this, keep us posted as to what anyone can do to help him. Best of luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

With only two weeks before the cruise he would forfeit the entire cruise fare if he canceled.

You need to keep on Expedia to work with Carnival. Carnival is the one calling the shots on this. It is their policy not Expedia's. Just keep requesting the "Supervisor" until you get someone who will work with you.

Now on the opposite side of the coin: Carnival or Expedia are not "required" to do anything. The error was your son's and while it may have been an honest mistake he really should have had his information in order before he booked.

The other problem with booking with an agency like Expedia is that it is hard to get someone who will work for you and not just quote the manual.

I hope you can get some sort of resolution and next time use a regular agent and know what you want before you book.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Admiral

you just have to keep at it. It would help if you had the booking number of the group your son wants to be with, you definately need to go beyond a reservations/customer service agent and talk to a supervisor
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Beginner

Smile Good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Wow, when did he figure out he booked the wrong ship?? I would think, he could cancel the wrong one and re-book the right one, although there may be some charges involved to do that. I'd keep up with the phone calls to both Expedia and Carnival and see what they can do. So sorry to hear of this, keep us posted as to what anyone can do to help him. Best of luck.
We ended up finding the name of the Executive VP of Carnival for Guest Relations and overnighting a letter to him, asking for assistance. My son got a call the next day from Expedia ,and after paying additional fee's he and his roomate were put on the correct cruise, one week ahead of sailing. It was an expensive lesson but we appreciate Carnival making the change for $,and I think it reinforces the power of a letter along with the emails/calls which we made.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Since I knew that I could not give you any advice I have only been ready this and am so glad things worked out for them.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sky,
That is wonderful....I've been wondering what had happened or not. Good to hear your persistance paid off in the long run, even though it did cost $....

Hope to hear about a great time on the cruise :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This is indeed great news..taking the bull by the horns, and a sympathetic executive, was a winning combination..i say..yayayayayayay.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator