Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Default Private Tour Companies In Europe?

Kuki, Paul or anyone with experience, please give me the names (e-mail info) of a good CruiseMates tested private tour company for Rome, and Florence/ Pisa. Thanks very much. Mike
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Mike,

I have used Manilo Tranquilli with Limousine Service Rome. He gave us a wonderful private tour in Rome. Pick up and return to the ship plus an extensive tour of Rome. It was nice that we were able to tailor the tour to what we wanted to see.

There are many other tour companies that provide excellent service but Manilo was very good and the one I have personal experience with.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Mike, thanks for the information, Do you know if this company handles tours to Florence? thanks, Mike
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Mike, check out Romeinlimo. We used them in Rome, and wished we had used them for Florence/Pisa, as well. They were great!

For our Florence/Pisa port, we used Driverinitaly. Our river was good, but I think we just had an excellent driver with Romeinlimo. If romeinlimo is not available, use driverinitaly.

Quit messing around! Get something booked!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Cool Private Tours In Rome

Our first choice and is difficult to get is Claudio@romoinlimo .. We did Tuscany with him.. Just recently we used them and had Salvatore for Rome and another for Cinque Terre... We were able to do part of Florence too.. Great drivers, huge clean vans.. and interesting enough...every couple at the end of the tour received a bottle of wine..It's true.. we were able to customize our tours
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Our first choice and is difficult to get is Claudio@romoinlimo .. We did Tuscany with him.. Just recently we used them and had Salvatore for Rome and another for Cinque Terre... We were able to do part of Florence too.. Great drivers, huge clean vans.. and interesting enough...every couple at the end of the tour received a bottle of wine..It's true.. we were able to customize our tours
Parrot Mon, thanks for the info. Is this the complete E-mail address? Thanks, Mike
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Darlene, is this the complete e-mail address? Looks like there should be more dot con net etc. ? Thanks, Mike
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMike View Post
Mike, thanks for the information, Do you know if this company handles tours to Florence? thanks, Mike
Mike,

Yes they do. They have tours available throughout Italy.

www.limousineservicerome.eu

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Default Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMike View Post
Parrot Mon, thanks for the info. Is this the complete E-mail address? Thanks, Mike
claudio <claudio@limoinrome.com>
Old March 23rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Mike, here are the web sites for the 2 companies that we used:

romeinlimo.com

driveryinitaly.com

Both were very good about responding to questions, via e-mail.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 24th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

MikeM, I received a quote from drivein italy and it seems high. About $3000. for 4 people for Rome and Florence. I tried to send a quote to your guy but the e-mail address won't work. Please check it out and resend and tell what you think of this quote. He wants ttotal amount when I book and I pay all the entry fees including the guide. I pay for lunch etc. This is almost twice what we paid in St. Petersburg for two days. Thanks, Mike