Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Default Barcelona Pick up/ tour Hotel?

I believe I asked this before and received some nice replies but I can't find the info. So please respond again. I am looking for a van service that can take my group with luggage from the airport to a hotel and the rest of the transfers ship, back to airport. I would also like a tour of Barcelona for the group. I will need a few rooms so a hotel recommendation would be great. Thanks, Mike
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Admiral

Cool Hotel In Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMike View Post
I believe I asked this before and received some nice replies but I can't find the info. So please respond again. I am looking for a van service that can take my group with luggage from the airport to a hotel and the rest of the transfers ship, back to airport. I would also like a tour of Barcelona for the group. I will need a few rooms so a hotel recommendation would be great. Thanks, Mike
Thanks to a cruiser on another board at least five years ago we found...
HOTELCONTINENTAL.com - Official Web Site We have been there four times...and it is a very popular hotel for cruisers, right on La Rambla, family owned, clean, refreshments and free internet service 24 hours a day. Granted the rooms are funky (decorated in pink-don't ask..lol). When we were there in November they had taken over another floor (see if you can get the room in the corner on that floor) and there is a lovely breakfast room, terrace and reading room.. The balconies (are a must) overlook La Rambla..Within walking distance to alot of tourist sites.. We have not been into the sister hotel but a tad more upscale. As for a driver/van.. how many people are you talking about? We also have a driver/guide whose english is perfect.. he was raised outside of NYC. If you need more info y ou can write me at parrotmom@verizon.net. BTW on our last cruise I recommended the hotel and there were at least half a dozen couples there..all very pleased...No, I don't work for them, but I wouldn't stay anywhere else..
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Mike:

Here's your original question:

Transportation in Barcelona

I have only used taxis in Barcelona so I can't give you a "group" recommendation.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me