Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Default Best Month for British Isles?

I know asking about the weather is a guessing game but, I would rather ask someone who has been there than look at a weather chart. Having said that which Month is the best for a cruise around UK, Ireland, and Scotland? Thanks, Mike
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMike View Post
I know asking about the weather is a guessing game but, I would rather ask someone who has been there than look at a weather chart. Having said that which Month is the best for a cruise around UK, Ireland, and Scotland? Thanks, Mike
June, July and August are the best times to visit the U.K. and Ireland. Warmest temps and the least rainfall. February is the worst.

I've been to England a number of times and the most "perfect" weather I ever had was in October. Cool but not cold temps and no rain. That was not the norm.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Hi there Mike, as per MikeM's reply June, July & August are supposed to be our best months, but dont rule out mid/late May or even September.

August (okay so we're only 5 days in) has been pretty awful so far, cold with VERY heavy rainfall. But having said that August is one of the best times to visit as Edinburgh has it's Military Tattoo, which all the ships will be organising tours to. So if you enjoy pomp, ceremony, and Marching to military precision then it is a must.

Very few ships, quite sensibly, operate around Britain outside these months, so it may simply come down to which cruise line you want to use. e.g. this year, Cunard, Princess, P&O, Crystal, RCI, and Oceania

Hope that is of use,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Admiral

August (okay so we're only 5 days in) has been pretty awful so far, cold with VERY heavy rainfall.
Well I was lying in the sun today & had to water the plants!! Your bit of Southampton must be different to ours!
Best time I reckon should be June /July for weather, already the mornings & Evenings have that slight chill.
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
August (okay so we're only 5 days in) has been pretty awful so far, cold with VERY heavy rainfall.
Well I was lying in the sun today & had to water the plants!! Your bit of Southampton must be different to ours!
Best time I reckon should be June /July for weather, already the mornings & Evenings have that slight chill.
Soton hasn't been too bad, but I've been on my journeys & had awful conditions in London last Wednesday, Northampton on Monday, and Leicestershire the previous week. Plus the news reports whilst I was up North were all about floods & gale force winds.
Definitely un-seasonal

Alan.
Old August 6th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
Soton hasn't been too bad, but I've been on my journeys & had awful conditions in London last Wednesday, Northampton on Monday, and Leicestershire the previous week. Plus the news reports whilst I was up North were all about floods & gale force winds.
Definitely un-seasonal

Alan.
'Orrible today!.....still, as they say, "good for the garden"
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Hmmm perhaps it's all my fault the rain clouds certainly seem to be following me around

Alan
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I was in the UK last May for our cruise; it was beautiful weather with temps around mid 70's
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:53 PM
Captain

We did the British Isles in August three years ago and the weather was nice - to us. The locals thought it ws dreadfully hot, but being from Louisiana we thought 85 with low humidity was fabulous!