Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Familiar Face

Smile best time to book?

We are going on Oasis in November 2011. Does anyone have any tips/advise as to the best time to book a cruise this far out?? Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

The only time we booked a cruise early was to Hawaii, we booked in February to sail in October. No bargains there.

All our other cruises from 3-5 days and up to 10 days we've booked 6-8 weeks or less in advance and have gotten some good deals. Then when the price drops, you can usually get an onboard credit for the difference if you catch it.

Of course, we have the freedom to do last minute cruising since we are retired. If you have a set schedule you cannot be as flexible.

Good luck!
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Admiral

One of those eternal problems......book early (we have booked 20 months ahead on occasions) & you get the supposed best choice of cabin/dining etc AND early booking discounts or so they say....OR wait until the price MAY drop when people cancel at the last minute, bargains can be had this way.
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Sounds like you already booked the Oasis cruise??

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Familiar Face

Smile

Thanks for the responses..and no Donna, we haven't booked yet. I should have said we are "planning to book". I can't wait to go on another cruise and got a little ahead of myself.
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I booked Freedom of the Seas in Apr and we don't go until Dec 11. I just booked Allure for Jan and booked it last month. So I don't know if it makes too much difference; I did get a discount for Freedom; balcony discount with platnium status; Allure didn't have any discounts; but it was cheaper than Oasis.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Default Early booking

We booked this upcoming cruise last July, got the cabin, location, etc.. The prices have jumped to well over $500.00 a person even as everybody is sending in their last payment.. If the prices do come down and I doubt they will on this cruise.. On the other hand we just received a call from NCL on a 15 day cruise with ridiculously low prices, albeit inside cabin which we won't do.. it's a crap shoot if your not fussy where you are or where you go..
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Admiral

we normally book 1 year ahead of our cruise, that way we have an exact budget figure, we get the cabin that we want, the dining choice that we want. The cruise is the easy part, its the airfare that can be a real challenge, but we have a great TA who handles all the details for us