Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Default Suggestions needed

As I've posted numerous times ,our cruise later this year will only be our 4th ever cruise .We've been to Bermuda ,The Caribbean ,Alaska and this year to the Panama Canal.

We are considering cruising in 2011 and want to go to someplace we haven't been to before on a cruise.

Any suggestions ?
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Henry,

Last night my wife asked me that same question. I told her: "How about the kitchen."

Seriously: My suggestion is Europe. The Mediterranean in particular. They are wonderful cruises filled with history, old world charm and beautiful sites. My next suggestion would be the Baltic.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:54 AM
First Mate

Hi Henry 43,
A cruise in Europe is the best way to see a bit of each place. May till July for the longer days and calm water.Eastern Europe ( Baltic & Scandinavian)is better between June 1 & June 21 to see the midnight sun.
I know the price are cheaper later but you can take more excursion time.The decision is yours. Have a nice cruise anyway.

MTL
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Default Where to cruise

We have done Bermuda from Boston more than a dozen times...just love that island. Have done the N.E./Canadian cruise twice which is a wonderful and was underappreciated, last year the Amazon and years ago did the Caribbean several times and just this year we redid the Western Caribbean. There is no doubt in my mind that Europe is the place to cruise.. whether it's a trans-atlantic from Barcelona, Rome, Venice or wherever..or just cruise the Mediteranean.. in the fall by the way when there are less tourists and prices are reasonable, weather delightful (summers too hot without a/c in most places).. It seems IMHO that the Caribbean besides aiming at separating tourists from their $$ is filled with jewelry shops.. same old same old.. Guess I'm jaded.. but give me the Trevi Fountain in Rome to see and walk La Rambla in Barcelona.. and I really feel as if Im seeing part of the world I've only read about.. This upcoming trip.. the Pyramids in Egypt, The Wall in Jerusaleum, the Isle of Capri.. it certainly beats the chain of jewelry stores in the islands, snorkeling, visiting a turtle farm and endless drinking at the local bars.
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
This upcoming trip.. the Pyramids in Egypt, The Wall in Jerusalem, the Isle of Capri.. it certainly beats the chain of jewelry stores in the islands, snorkeling, visiting a turtle farm and endless drinking at the local bars.
I completely agree. Well.........except for the endless drinking part.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 30th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

My last two cruises have been to Europe and the Med. We sailed in 07 on Spendour of the Seas out of Venice; 7 days with stops in Santorini, Greece, Corfu, Greece, Dubrovnik, Croatia, and Kudiashi, Turkey. It was wonderful; we went in May; perfect weather; we flew into Venice and spent two full days there prior to our cruise;
Last May we cruised from Southampton, UK to Barcelona, Spain. It was a 12 night cruise, with stops in Vigo, Spain, Lisbon, Portugual, Gibralter, UK, Sardinia, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Italy, Nice, France, and Barcelona. Like the above post says, you get so much more for you money; these stops all have great history behind them; the weather was again perfect; and we spent two full days in London prior to our cruise; We sailed Voyager of the Seas.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Thanks to everyone for replying ,it is greatly appreciated .
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:42 AM
Beginner

Hi,

Agree with the sentiments regarding Europe. Wonderful memories were evoked! Felt like belting out a Barbara Streisland tune - Memories - except that I can't sing!!

Have you considered a trip to Australia? We are Aussies who are cruising on Princess from Sydney to LA in three weeks time. It sure beats flying. It is amazing how many Americans are doing the b2b - SF to Sydney and back to LA. We can't wait. 29 nights on board sure beats 12 hours plus in a plane, irrespective of which class you are in - flying is the pits!!

Australia has so much to offer.

If you need any help - just shout and I would be delighted to assist.

Nicki
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Australia is on our "someday" list . I agree with you on Barbra ,a former neighbor of mine before she began to sing