Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Beginner

Default Best Server Ever

Let me just say, I am not a stocker lol. I would love to be able to book a cruise with the same server we had a few years ago if he is still at carnival. His name he went by was Chubby from Hungary! He was the best thing of our cruise and was great with my son who was 7 at the time and only wanted a cheeseburger to eat every seating. Now he's 17 and we are discussing taking another cruise and think it would be so cool to see him again and take another picture of the two of them 10 years later. Anyway it was just a thought. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2010, 08:34 AM
Captain

I don't know Chucky but know what you mean about favorite servers. We have met some great ones on board and have even had the pleasure of seeing a few of them on other ships from time to time.

Our last cruise on the Fantasy we had Ivanka from Croatia. She was such a dear sweet girl. Ivan on the Dream and then on the Holiday also from Croatia was marvelous. On two of our first cruises we had a server named Dennis who was so attentive to details and then we had Fernando who was the biggest flirt but so much fun to get up and dance with. Felt like we were dancing around the dining room with Gils Marini (sp).

This is why we stick with assigned seating. We love getting to know the servers and having dinner with the same people each night; We still maintain friendships after several years with some of the dinner partners we have met on ships.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old October 21st, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Sweet Pea, welcome to Cruisemates.....

Since Chubby, was such a great server, he probably has gotten a promotion or two, so good for him!! You don't say what cruise line or ship you were on....his promotion, if he got one, could have had him on several different ships over the years, so the odds are not in your favor.....let us know what ship you were on, maybe someone has a clue......Take a cruise anyway, if you don't find him

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Our cruise was to the Bahamas on a 3 day cruise. I think it was the Fantasy or Ectasy ship. It was around 10 years ago. It is so time to go again. I see so much has changed on the ships.

Last edited by sweetpea2010; October 28th, 2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added to it
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Admiral

To be honest all we really want is for the waiters to take our order & bring it, so as we require little or nothing much else they all seem much the same really.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Admiral

I am not sure why but we have had great servers in the past, and a few poor ones lately. I almost wish I had experienced the poor one sooner so I realized how great the waiters have been. Good waiters make sure your food is warm and you get the center cuts etc. and they are fast with out you feeling rushed. Mike