CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Another question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/378189-another-question.html)

Lakers Fan November 18th, 2010 06:07 PM

Another question

My wife believes that I should take sweaters for our December Panama cruise to wear at night on the ship .Is that the norm ?In the past I never wore any

Mike M November 18th, 2010 08:21 PM

It really depends on how sensitive you are to the air conditioning. I personally wouldn't bring a sweater.

Some women bring a wrap but I have never seen "sweaters" worn on a Caribbean or Panama Canal cruise.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan November 18th, 2010 10:47 PM

Thanks ,Mike

Nothin but blue skies November 19th, 2010 05:58 AM

What port are you sailing from? When we have sailed in the winter months, it is usually cold the first day/night and the last night. On all the Carnival ships I have been on, it is cooler in the MDA and the theatre as well. I always take a jacket or sweater of some sort and my DH usually takes a light jacket or windbreaker for those times. The first time we sailed in the winter, I was so glad that we brought our black jeans and sweaters for the last night.

LisaK November 19th, 2010 11:31 AM

Henry, as a woman i usually pack a light sweater, wrap or shawl just to have something to throw over my shoulders because the ac in the dining rooms and theatres is usually cranked and my attire is for summer, and mostly sleeveless, if i did wear a sweater it would be a light/summer weight sweater and i would wear it as my top not over anything else.

Lakers Fan November 19th, 2010 11:37 AM

We are sailing from Fort Lauderdale

Donna November 19th, 2010 11:42 AM

Henry,
May-be a good idea to throw in a light sweather or windbreaker, for just in case. I always pack a sweater, sometimes even the dining room can be chilly.

Lakers Fan November 20th, 2010 11:53 AM

Thanks ,Donna .I probably shall do that

Skipper's Mom November 21st, 2010 12:13 PM

Henry,

As you know, we just returned from the Zuiderdam cruise of 11/3-11/13. I usually am not bothered by too cool temps in the various public rooms, however, there were a couple of times that I wished I'd had a blanket, especially in the theatre. Some people had towels draped over themselves it was so cold. So, bring a sweater or sport jacket.

I'll bet those folks on the Carnival Splendor would have loved the cool temps. LOL!

Lakers Fan November 21st, 2010 01:11 PM

Thanks ,Skipper's Mom .I read Mikes response to my wife .She told me I was taking a sweater .LOL

Moiraine November 23rd, 2010 04:11 PM

:D Ah Henry. I do think a sweater or windbreaker is probably a good idea just in case.