Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default Question for the cruisemates staff

I have my e-mail set up to receive notifications when people respond to a thread I start or post on . How can I remove this for during the time I will be on my cruise ? I am asking friends not to e-mail me during this time period because I do not want my mailbox filled up .
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Henry,

Go to the upper right corner of this, and all message board pages, and in the blue bar you will see "User CP". Click it and then go down the left side until you see: "List Subscriptions". Click it.

You will see all the threads you are currently subscribed to. Click the box, in the upper right corner of the listing box, next to "Notifications". It will check and highlight all of the threads. Go to the bottom right and find the "Selected Threads" box. Click the drop down menu and select "No email notification.". Then click the "go" box.

This will stop all email notification for these threads.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 30th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Thanks ,Mike
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Default It's not working

It worked for one day now I am getting all the messages once again.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Henry,

If you have set your subscriptions to email you whenever you start or respond to a thread it will do so for every new thread or response you make.

You have started new threads and responded to others, therefore you will receive notifications for these new postings.

You originally said you didn't want to receive emails when you were on vacation. You need to set it to "No notifications" just before you leave.

If you no longer wish to receive "any" notifications then you can go to User CP>>>Edit Options>>>Default Thread Subscription Mode. You will need to scroll down about 1/2 page to see Default Thread Subscription. You can then select from the drop down menu. "Do not subscribe" or "No email notification." This will make the change permanent and you will need to change it back when you return.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Thanks for clarifying ,Mike.