Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Question Homepage Photos of Disney Dream: France/Norway Flashback

I'm not sure if this question should be directed to Paul Motter, because I'm not sure if he's responsible for the pictures, but: the quick sequence of thumbnail-sized photos on CM's homepage accompanying his article about Disney Dream's upcoming debut includes a photo which is unmistakable, one of the most well-known images of 20th-century ocean liner decoration-- the "Noah's Ark" children's playroom mural from the SS France, later Norway. (As a kid in NYC, I saw the original on sailaway days visiting the liner, and sailed on her toward the end of her "Norway" days in Jan 2002.)

Did Disney duplicate this old and beloved mural, or salvage it from Norway before she was scrapped? Which leads to another question: why didn't NCL put it onto one of their newbuilds? (Perhaps they didn't want to remind people of SS Norway's sad end?)
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default On second thought...

Or maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree? It occurs to me that the photo probably got thrown in there by accident, because somebody on the CM staff saw the red-and-black funnels and just assumed that the mural must be from a Disney ship...