CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Liquor in your stateroom (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/380866-liquor-your-stateroom.html)

BobandChar March 1st, 2011 06:55 PM

Liquor in your stateroom

Does anyone know if you can order from Carnival and have bottles of liquor in your stateroom when you embark? I didn't seen anything regarding this but noticed a gentleman had posted he liked having spirits waiting for him in his stateroom when he got to the ship...Wondered how he did that. I sure would rather order a couple bottles of gin and vodka and have them available instead of buying drinks at $7.00 a pop all week!

Mike M March 1st, 2011 07:45 PM

Here is the information I have. You need to call the Bon Voyage Department and place your order. Have your reservation number, room number and credit card ready.

The number for Bon Voyage is 800-522-7648

Rums:
Capt Morgan Spiced $55,
Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.
Malibu $55

Vodkas:
Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40
Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:
Beefeater $40
Sloe Gin $40
Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:
Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38
Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:
Dewar’s $60
Chivas Regal $60
Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:
Jack Daniels $65
Maker’s Mark $60
Jim Beam $38

Tequila:
1800 - $55
Margaritaville $40
Salsa Hornitas $60
Patron Silver $70

Liqueurs and other:
Raspberry Liquor $40
Frangelico $45
Jagermeister $60
Chambord $60
Limoncello $60

Amaretto:
Disaronna $45

Brandy
Courvoisier $55
Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Take care and have a great cruise.
Mike

Dhill March 1st, 2011 07:50 PM

:shock:OUCH that hurts

Mike M March 1st, 2011 07:55 PM

It may hurt but Carnival has just about the lowest prices for in-cabin bar setup. HAL may be about the same but if you order from NCL a bottle will run you somewhere between $60 to $120. Celebrity is around $60 to $100 but you get the mixers and a box of nuts. :D

I'd rather pay these rates than smuggle. Nothing worse than gin soaked underwear. ;):D

BobandChar March 3rd, 2011 01:52 PM

Thank you...I called and placed my order. I'm with you! I would rather pay a little more and save embarrassment and liquored up clothing! You know how careful they are with our luggage....:-)

Fern March 3rd, 2011 07:07 PM

You won't have the liquor waiting for you in your cabin, but you should have a card in your cabin directing you to call Room Service for delivery. Someone over 21 will have to be in the cabin to receive the liquor.

As someone else pointed out on another thread, if you're sailing from Galveston or some other ports, you have to wait until the ship is a certain distance from port to get your liquor. They also won't be selling certain brands at the bars until they reach that point. I don't think it has to do with Blue Laws, but with the fact that most of the ship's liquor is not taxed in Texas.

robh March 3rd, 2011 11:19 PM

Do it all the time

On Princess and HA , I've ordered thru my Travel Agent for Rum, Coke and Ginger and once onboard after a few days ordered more via Room Service.
You can get a package of mix and most times a pack of coke of 6 comes with price only of five.
I have the room steward move out of the fridge the cans the ship placed prior explaining why and then stock mine.
Normally a card will be in your room asking you to call for delivery to your room when you first come onboard.

It is nice to be in your cabin on the balcony having a wee dram.:p and as someone said, not having a wet suitcase.

Mike M June 11th, 2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern (Post 1356885)
You won't have the liquor waiting for you in your cabin, but you should have a card in your cabin directing you to call Room Service for delivery. Someone over 21 will have to be in the cabin to receive the liquor.

As someone else pointed out on another thread, if you're sailing from Galveston or some other ports, you have to wait until the ship is a certain distance from port to get your liquor. They also won't be selling certain brands at the bars until they reach that point. I don't think it has to do with Blue Laws, but with the fact that most of the ship's liquor is not taxed in Texas.

Sorry to resurrect an old posting but I had to look up the number to order for my Carnival Breeze cruise. It was deleted from my contacts. :D

I have sailed Carnival seven times and each time we have ordered Bon Voyage Liquor it is in the cabin when we board. It may be different in Galveston because of liquor laws but in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles it was there when we entered the room.

Take care,
Mike