Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Familiar Face

Default Ft. Lauderdale de-barkation advice?

"Ahoy!!" First-timer looking for help: We arrive back in port (Fort Lauderdale) Sat. Apr. 2 at 7am - OASIS of the Seas. Our flight is at 1:30pm from FLL.

What's my timing like? And what are my best options for getting from the ship to the airport on that day?

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Admiral

On our last cruise (2 months ago) we got off the ship at 8:30 and got to the airport 9:30 ,there was a massive traffic tie up .Our plane left FLL at 12:40 .
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Familiar Face

what's the procedure for "getting off the ship"?
and once you're "off the ship" -what then? I assume you just walk outside somewhere & there's a line of cabs to take people ....??? or are cruise ports different from airports?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

There is a line of cabs... The cruiseline transfer has to fill up before they can leave, so a cab is quicker for the short ride over....Remember, the Oasis alone creates long lines at that airport, so imagine the crowds from all the other ships added to the mix, so be prepared to wait...

With your flight time, you should not have any issues..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Admiral

There are taxi's as well as shuttle buses .We opted for the taxi believing it would be faster .On our cruise we chose to carry our own luggage and therefore got off the ship earlier .
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Admiral

I was on the Crown Princess (a 7 day cruise) last April and arrived at FLL early - so did the Oasis and I believe another 4 ships which meant there were thousands of people disembarking. Took my usual taxi over to curb side and had to wait 45 minutes to get into the airport.

Decided then and there that I wasn't going to disembark again on a Saturday or Sunday in FLL (the Allure comes in on Sundays). Shouldn't be a problem because I'm back to 10 day trips.

As to your timing - no problem ... you're leaving late enough at 1:30. Still I would recommend you take a taxi over rather than wait for Princess's bus to fill up and then drop you off quite away from the airline's checkin area. It's only about a 10 minute ride and not expensive.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012