Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 678
Smile Houston we have a problem

We were double checking our documents today and load and behold they spelled my wifes mothers maiden name wrong on her birth cerificate! My wife thought it would not be a problem but I talked her into calling on Monday to see if we can get a knew one by next Friday. Do you think it would of been a problem?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old March 19th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,778
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

How would they even begin to know it was wrong? I am confused I think I better go to bed
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 678
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
How would they even begin to know it was wrong? I am confused I think I better go to bed
It is suppose to be Meyers they spelled it myers that does not even seem like a real word
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,778
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

I happen to know a Myers family
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 678
Default

Well now this is just great so your saying my wife was right.That was her point how would they know. Now I will never live this down!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
AF1 AF1 is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,296
Send a message via MSN to AF1
Default

The TSA and Customs is cracking down on passports and having the correct spelling on all documents. But, if they only have a passport to look at; and they run it thru the machine; hopefully the machine name matches what is actually on your wifes passport.
__________________
Freedom of the Seas Dec 11
Allure of the Seas: Jan 11
Voyager of the Seas: May 09
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99



Go Reds
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 678
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1 View Post
The TSA and Customs is cracking down on passports and having the correct spelling on all documents. But, if they only have a passport to look at; and they run it thru the machine; hopefully the machine name matches what is actually on your wifes passport.
Its not a passport its a birth certificate. 14 day Hawaiin r/t
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA-New England
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
Its not a passport its a birth certificate. 14 day Hawaiin r/t
If she doesn't have a passport, she better not get off the ship in another country!
__________________
Peg











Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Mike M's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 23,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthew8 View Post
If she doesn't have a passport, she better not get off the ship in another country!
On a closed loop cruise, such as this Hawaiian cruise, she does not need a passport. Just the birth certificate will suffice. She can get off the ship in Ensenada. Then again, who'd want to.

Take care,
Mike
__________________
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 678
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
On a closed loop cruise, such as this Hawaiian cruise, she does not need a passport. Just the birth certificate will suffice. She can get off the ship in Ensenada. Then again, who'd want to.

Take care,
Mike
So I take It theres not alot to do in Ensenada even for first timers?.My wif and I have been thinking about this and we are just going to get a new birth certificate with the right spelling on it why not? If we can get it by the time we leave in 6 days Why not?
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Snoozeman's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bosque County, Texas
Posts: 5,420
Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default

I'd get a new birth certificate for sure if possible.

Myers Rum

Ensenada = Hussongs
__________________
Ray McDonald / Snoozeman

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Mike M's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 23,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
So I take It theres not alot to do in Ensenada even for first timers?.My wif and I have been thinking about this and we are just going to get a new birth certificate with the right spelling on it why not? If we can get it by the time we leave in 6 days Why not?
My advice is always to get off the ship and experience a port for yourself and do not take the word of someone else. There is always something to be seen in every port. Some people like a port and others do not. Many people think Costa Maya is a waste of time but I feel it's a great port, especially if you want to see Mayan ruins.

In regard to your Mother-In-Law's birth certificate. I can't see why there is an issue with it. There is no way they have any idea of the spelling of her maiden name. As long as her current name isn't the same as on her birth certificate it makes no difference. I see no reason to get another one.

Take care,
Mike
__________________
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,104
Default

If I'm reading correctly, it's your MIL's maiden name that's mispelled on your wife's BC? That shouldn't make any difference at all as your wife never would have used that name (assuming your MIL was married when your wife was born ). So yes, your wife was right !

What's important is that your wife's first and middle names on her BC match her photo ID and the name she's booked under.

Again, while you don't need a passport for closed loop cruise's, it would have made things much easier. So your wife and I are both right !

We were in Ensenada once and just walked around the downtown area. Not much to see, but there were a few bars, shops and a man painted silver !

Try to relax... .
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Cloud, Florida
Posts: 1,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
We were double checking our documents today and load and behold they spelled my wifes mothers maiden name wrong on her birth cerificate! My wife thought it would not be a problem but I talked her into calling on Monday to see if we can get a knew one by next Friday. Do you think it would of been a problem?
So,if it's wrong on the birth certificate, it's been wrong all her life but had no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport Oregon
Posts: 678
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
If I'm reading correctly, it's your MIL's maiden name that's mispelled on your wife's BC? That shouldn't make any difference at all as your wife never would have used that name (assuming your MIL was married when your wife was born ). So yes, your wife was right !

What's important is that your wife's first and middle names on her BC match her photo ID and the name she's booked under.

Again, while you don't need a passport for closed loop cruise's, it would have made things much easier. So your wife and I are both right !

We were in Ensenada once and just walked around the downtown area. Not much to see, but there were a few bars, shops and a man painted silver !

Try to relax... .
I dont mind if you are right but heaven forbid my wife ever reads this post and finds out she was right!! Afew shops and a few bars sounds like something for everyone. Maybe the silver man will still be hanging around
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
I dont mind if you are right but heaven forbid my wife ever reads this post and finds out she was right!! Afew shops and a few bars sounds like something for everyone. Maybe the silver man will still be hanging around

! I think she'll know she was right when check-in goes smooth as silk! This is one of those stories that will be funny when retold!
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
AF1 AF1 is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,296
Send a message via MSN to AF1
Default

Dhill, sorry for my misunderstanding; I did not know you were sailing the Hawaiian Islands. She does not need a passport. My mistake.
__________________
Freedom of the Seas Dec 11
Allure of the Seas: Jan 11
Voyager of the Seas: May 09
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99



Go Reds
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
birth, certificate, closed, cruise, cruises, houston, loop, maiden, match, mothers, problem, wifes, wrong

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston.. we have a problem dina Chit - Chat for Cruisers 10 June 8th, 2007 10:43 AM
What's next for Houston? reverendjeff Norwegian Cruise Lines 5 March 24th, 2006 03:59 PM
Houston, We Have A Problem (A report from Lisa aboard the Di Mgram Chit - Chat for Cruisers 10 May 5th, 2005 12:24 PM
from houston to galveston the sea Carnival Cruise Lines 0 May 4th, 2004 01:08 PM
Houston: We have a problem. Mike Mastellar Chit - Chat for Cruisers 10 May 9th, 2001 09:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1