Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to wendy3287
Default nuclear in japan, i can not cancel the cruise

i paid of a 7 days cruise from shanghai to japan yakohoma. now as everybody knows the nuclear disaster in japan.
i called the royal carribean and wanted to cancel this cruise, they said they won't cancel this cruise.
in other words they don't care about the customers and their crew members' health, they will go to japan on april 23 to april 30 , 2011.

anybody can help me to solve this problem.
wendy3287@yahoo.com
i only took one cruise to alaska, any cruise if u want to go, i will be interested in .
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Familiar Face

I would wait and see. It is going to be like Egypt...they are going to reroute to a safe port or give you other options...Don't freak out yet. I had a friend who booked a all inclusive during a Hurricane. He had to show up at the airport and then they refunded the entire amount but they didn't lose the $$$ for the people who didn't show up.
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:55 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy3287 View Post
i paid of a 7 days cruise from shanghai to japan Yokohama. now as everybody knows the nuclear disaster in japan.
i called the royal Caribbean and wanted to cancel this cruise, they said they won't cancel this cruise.
in other words they don't care about the customers and their crew members' health, they will go to japan on April 23 to April 30 , 2011.

anybody can help me to solve this problem.
wendy3287@yahoo.com
If the cruise line has decided to go ahead than most likely the port they are visiting has been deemed fine for a short day visit.
Some ships of other lines have just moved to other ports in Japan.
Geography wise Yokohama is part of the greater Tokyo area which is experiencing electricity delays and some food shortages per the news.
If you have to fly out of Yokohama then I'd certainly find out what the airport situation is and the airline you are on. If not stay on the ship as it has all your needs.
Most likely the cruise line has a whole month consider its options so at this point in time they are staying to the published schedule.
Certainly can appreciate your concern and worries but do give it a bit of time. Check out if your insurance provides compensation though might not at this point, Check what the US Health Government is saying and the US Travel.
Sounds like you have to wait this out for a week or so as they are starting to gain control..

All the best
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/