Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Present for daughters Phd graduation

Hi,
I want to take my single daughter on a criuse for her Phd grad present. She is 28 and loves lots of activity and dancing. We want to go together but I want the cruise tailored more to her than to me. She would like to meet single people but obviously not spring fling week types. More professional and mature and fun.
Can you recommend a cruise for us. We live on the East coast. Where do you suggest I go to find out the demographics of the cruises?
Help! She graduates in May.

Last edited by m2burn; April 7th, 2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: spelling error
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I believe for a younger demographic and a more active cruise I would suggest Royal Caribbean's Allure or Oasis of the Seas. These sail out of Florida. Also, Carnival's eastern or western itineraries out of Miami would be a good choice.

Take care and congratulations to your daughter's doctorate.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

what a wonderful gift. Congrats to your daughter. I agree with Mike that a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Florida would probably be your best bet, lots and lots of activites and stuff to do on board, either the Freedom Class ships or the huge ships Allure or Oasis
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I also think the Oasis or Allure would be great..Also check out the Celebrity Solstice class...Equinox, Eclipse, Solstice for very upscale cruising.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I sailed Allure in Jan. There is plenty of activity and dancing on this ship. Either Allure or Oasis would be a good choice. Talk to your local travel agent or call Royal Caribbean direct. Congrats to you and your daughter; you must be a proud mama..
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Wait a sec everyone, did the OP state that her daughter is into going on a floating shopping mall, ice skating, rock climbing, a high diving show (go see Cirque do Soleil O if you want to see an amazing water based show).

Why not find out from the OP what her daughters activity level will be AND her financial status--meaning does she want to spent close to DOUBLE and go on the Monster Shopping Malls of the Sea or spend less and go a NCL or Carnival ship out of Miami or FLL? There is only a 30-40 minute drive between the two ports, so it isn't like going on a ship in another port city/state.....

Anytime anyone is not sure about what they should book you need to find out what do THEY want to do and not just immediately suggest RCI's two most expensive monster ships. No, for all we know the OP's daughter just wants to meet, mingle, and sit in the sun and doesn't give a damn about a rock climbing wall, a carousel on a ship, ice skating on a ship, flowrider on a ship (Carnival has one at Grand Turk...).

I think the OP needs to tell us more so a reasonable suggestion can be made.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....