Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Denied China visa

I need suggestions. I filed for Chinese visa which is required by Holland America to take the 70 day Grand Asia cruise Sept 26. All the fare is paid, almost 30K. Holland says no refunds if you show up for embarkation without proper documents. We paid the 2K insurance from Travel Guard, but denied visas are not part of insurance. I booked the trip with a 91 year old friend who I am the caretaker for, and though she received her visa, mine was denied. No reason was given by the Chinese consulate in San Francisco for my denial of my application other than its not available to me at this time. I can only suspect because I filled in the application where it said "any crimminal record" that I said 20 years ago I received felonies inwhich I served no jail time. I'm not on any probation. I tried a 2nd time to go to the Chinese consulate to no avail. Any help will be appreciated.

Martin Jacobs

My email is MJacobs784@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It may be possible there is some kind of attorney that could assist you in getting this visa? I would call around and find out. Also, have you called the
China consolute and speak to anyone?? I am just wondering because of your old felony, that could be the problem?

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Admiral

I travelled to China on a group visa - is that a possiblility?

Annie
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Denied visa

I applied for my visa through ZVS and CIBT an agency for getting visas and they can't help me any further. I've tried to visit the consulate twice, but I still could not get a reason from them, only that "very sorry" they say.
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I'll repost this from your thread on the Holland America forum.

I don't want to sound like a "Donny Downer" but once you are denied and your record is flagged it is EXTREMELY hard to get a visa accepted.

In the late 90's I had a co-worker who was promoted to handle a large customer in Shanghai China. Twenty five years before that he had a felony DUI on his record. It was an injury accident and though he did not serve any jail time this offense is what caused him not to have the visa accepted. The corporate lawyers, political connections of the CEO (letter from our U.S. Senator) and multiple re-applications all ended the same, with a denial.

Someone else got the job and he never went to China.

I do hope that you can reapply and have a different result but I would make alternative plans for the strong possibility that you won't be taking the cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Admiral

I agree with Mike here; it will be quite difficult. BTW, with the same record it is quite likely that Canada will also not let you out of the airport if you fly in; they will send you home.

Back to China, I know of someone who flew to Beijing to board his cruise with visa in hand; however, on landing card he stated that he was HIV positive. They would not let him into the country.

These are all issues that we put up to travel around the world. I hope you don't have a fever if you ever land in Tokyo as they may hold you up. There are also issues with Brazil. Or, try to get into Syria with an Israeli stamp in your passport.

Good Luck on collecting from insurance or HAL. One thought is to arrange with HAL to get off ship before China and join after they have left China (might not be practicable).

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14