Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Default The little envelopes

What's the significance of the little envelopes on the far left column of threads (some open, some closed, some with little lines above them, etc.)?

You may have explained this, but I was without access to a computer for 2 months as I was having 5 heart surgeries and then 3 plus weeks in a rehab center ... and I have no idea how to do a search on this subject.

Thanks.

Jane

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the posting titles, you'll see what the different icons stand for.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Help - I can't get the Cruisemates clock to work. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

Old September 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzNut View Post
Help - I can't get the Cruisemates clock to work. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
Nut,

First of all: Welcome Back!!!!!!! I am so glad you are doing better and ready to cruise. It sounds like you have had an "interesting" couple of months.

You aren't doing anything wrong. I just spent the last half hour figuring this out. It looks like the folks at corporate have moved things around. You need to put the www.cruisemates.com at the beginning of the clock. The URL was not needed because the program resided on the same server. It looks like program has been moved by someone to somewhere else.

In regard to your original question; RT has the best answer. Just scroll to the bottom of any "forum" i.e. "Chit Chat, Ask the Staff, etc." and the symbols are explained. Also the "Quick Links", in the blue bar at the top of each page, has some nice features to easily find new postings. Clicking "Today's Posts" is a good way.

Take care and I'm so glad you are doing better.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

The envelopes are for tips, you can have them removed at guest services....
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Default Thanks Mike

Thanks Mike - I knew I could count on you. I'll add that to my "clock" file.

Had good news from my surgeon last week that I could stop the cumadin - definitely didn't like the side effects.

Doing pretty well - but poor Muffy hasn't been to the dog park (she is potty pad trained - so no problem) for 4-1/2 months. It's too hot anyway and I don't want to walk over the semi-rough ground to get her poop.

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned with the cruise and then land tour. Best to you and Betty ...

Jane

Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
Familiar Face

I still don't understand the cruise clocks. I can make it then I am not sure what and where i am supposed to copy and paste. I have tried it 3 or 4 times now. Any suggestions?
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Jane, glad to hear, things are getting back to normal for you. Just getting off those meds is a plus..I remember those days...Yay you!

Kerr, if you look at the top of the page, to the left, you will see the blue banner, click on *user cp*..then click on edit signature...cut and paste the url you have selected, right there you then should be saying..Voila

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Thanks Trip for your good wishes. I wrote too soon cuz saw the cardiologist this past Wednesday and he wants me to stay on the cumindin or maybe pradaxa for another 2 months ... that will make it 6 months since the 5 heart surgeries. When I went to the ER, my heart was very large and I almost lost my life according to him, so end of November will have an echogram and see where we go from there. Good thing I cancelled my November cruise - but today I booked my value trips stay for April 15.

Think of you often because you had recommended Stuart Woods ... I've read the 5 Holly Barker series and am on the 19th Stone Barrington one (of 20) ... very enjoyable. Thanks for the tip.

Old September 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Cruznut, we'll have none of that leaving stuff....we need you around for a long, long time, and, in good health, to cruise some more

I just started Stuart's new one, Son of Stone.....Thankfully he is a proliphic writer, so, we don't have to wait between books! At the beginning of the book is his list of his books, and I started with him at Palindrome...Have you read his non stone books like Choke, YDead Eyes, & more? All great reads too.

Hopefully we can chat one day about our favorite pastime on another cruise...I know we could go on for days

Wishing you all the best,and good health!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator