Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Default Question on Cruise Reviews

I'm sure you're limited by the software that you use for this site .... but some feedback on the cruise review section...

I think it would be helpful IF there were a comments section after reviews, like you find on other sites, either for reviewers to add additional information or for readers to ask questions/comments.

Just like when reading a recipe online, it helps to read feedback from others who've tried the same recipe. If someone posts a particularly derogatory review, it helps for others to add their own 2 cents to qualify a review.

I think this might be better than a negative review turning people away from a ship/line. For example, the last review of Eurodam is from someone who had issues disembarkation because his wife was in a wheelchair. If others (who didn't take the time to write a review) had the same experience and commented as such .... this would help readers to take the one review seriously and add strength to it. Conversely, if there were others who had a different experience and commented as such .... then this would help readers to qualify the experience and expect a different outcome.

HAving just submitted my review of FOTS ... I went back to see if there was any feedback on my Eurodam review and that is when I realized that the site does not permit this. if someone does take the time to write a review, its nice to know that others took the time to read it .... even an option for readers to indicate that they found the review helpful .... would be some positive feedback.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Good morning QOA,
Since you already wrote and sent in a review, you could easily post it in the Royal Carribean message boards too. That way readers can comment and ask questions there, no rule against doing this...

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Thx Donna - I did do that, but i was thinking that not everyone here uses the message boards.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old September 14th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I love the idea of posting a comment in the review section. I think it is more convenient there as I also agree that some people look at the reviews but do not go to the message boards. I read a read a review the other day for the Freedom of the Seas. It was for the same week that I was cruising and my experience was the opposite of the person who wrote the review. My experience was very positive whereas the review was written by someone with lots of negatives.