Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Party Poppers

Does anyone know if party poppers are allowed onboard? You know, the ones that look like little champagne bottles and have a string that you pull, that pop and shoot streamers out. I know that fireworks are forbidden. Do these fall under that same category? We'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the Carnival Liberty next May (2012), and I thought it might be fun to pass out a few poppers to our table mates, open a bottle of bubbly, and whoop it up a little bit. Of course, our waiter may not be too thrilled about cleaning up the streamers (they do make a mess). Has anyone else done this when celebrating a special occasion?
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

What a fun idea. It doesn't seem this would be a no no. One night, I think your waiter won't mind, the clean up. I would tell him when you first dine what to expect,and when.Your ta should know if they will say this is not going to happen! Congrats to you both!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Trip. We didn't use a TA this time. We booked directly through Carnival. I suppose I could Carnival and see what they say. I had planned on talking to both the Maitre D' and our waiter beforehand, to make sure it's okay. I just hope there's no one sitting nearby with a heart condition! I'd hate to ruin someone's vacation. Those litttle poppers can be loud in an enclosed area! And who knows? If we and our tablemates have enough champagne, we may get a little loud ourselves!
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Admiral

I didn' think about the loud noise factor....The entire dining room could duck and cover Oh well, see what Carnival says.

Old September 27th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

I have a strong feeling the answer is going to be "NO" regarding the poppers, due to the possible noise and mess they will make not to mention disturbing other passengers in the dining room. Personally I would not do something like this simply out of respect of the other guests onboard. JMHO

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
I have a strong feeling the answer is going to be "NO" regarding the poppers, due to the possible noise and mess they will make not to mention disturbing other passengers in the dining room. Personally I would not do something like this simply out of respect of the other guests onboard. JMHO
Hopefully they'll say "Yes" and not be party poopers about the party poppers. I can't see how it would be disrespectful to other guests. And it shouldn't be too much of a disturbance. We're not planning to shoot off cannons! Although that would be kind of cool. I don't know about you, but a 25th wedding anniversary is a pretty big deal to us, and I'll welcome anyone that wants to celebrate with us. So, if you're looking for something to do the week of May 5th thru May 12th (2012), come join us on the Carnival Liberty and we'll party our ****s off! Or, until 10:00 p.m., whichever comes first.
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

I celebrated our 25th in Feb aboard the Crown Princess.... did a nice romantic Ultimate Balcony Dining experience and later the "fireworks" began....after 10pm

But then again it is CCL you are speaking of so it is entirely possible I guess, but whatever the decision, I do hope that you can celebrate in someway if the "poppers" do not work out.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Admiral

Do a search...I did see some noiseless poppers, but from the UK..a call to the party stores could be uselful. You get the pop of confetti, and won't scare the room.

Old September 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I can't see where the poppers would be disrespectful to other diners unless you use something akin to a cherry bomb popper.

The issue I would see is the mess it would make for the dining room staff to clean up.

I have a question: Do you have early or late seating? It is less of an issue if you have late seating because the staff has more time to clean up than between early and late seating.

Enjoy your 25 anniversary. My wife celebrated our 25th on a Mediterranean and Egypt cruise. It was a wonderful time.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I can't see where the poppers would be disrespectful to other diners unless you use something akin to a cherry bomb popper.

The issue I would see is the mess it would make for the dining room staff to clean up.

I have a question: Do you have early or late seating? It is less of an issue if you have late seating because the staff has more time to clean up than between early and late seating.

Enjoy your 25 anniversary. My wife celebrated our 25th on a Mediterranean and Egypt cruise. It was a wonderful time.

Take care,
Mike
We have the early seating. So, your wife celebrated your 25th by taking a Mediterranian and Egypt cruise. What did you do? Stay home and go fishing?
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I took my girlfriend on a cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me