Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Travel Insurance

I've booked my cruise, now I need to decide which Travel Insurance to take and what options are needed. Anyone who has a suggestion or has any comments regarding Travel Guard Gold please respond. I have to choose something by Nov. 22nd.
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

If that is Travel Guard's top tier policy,& as long as covers all you need, then go for it....Try going to insuremytrip,com and entering all your pertinent info, it will allow you side by side comparisons of diffferent policies. If you have a pre exisiting condition, realize that will be a factor as well. Make sure you compare apples to apples. TG is a top insurer.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 12th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Admiral

A second vote for insuremytrip.com. I have used both Travel Guard and CSA and have been pleased with claims processes at both. One word of caution is that you also check with your TA in addition to insuremytrip. My agent gets "group rates" with CSA that are undercutting insuremytrip.com rates.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

There are a lot of policies to chose from on this site. I have used the cruise line insurance but many posts on this site have said it is better to go independent. I've never had to use the insurance. Can anyone explain why it is better to go independent than to buy cruise line insurance? They say they will credit the cruise up to 75%, which seems alright with me. Thanks for the feedback.
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Golden, while it is rare, cruiselines/ships have been seized, and just have gone under over the years. We saw The Big Red Boat in Nassau, padlocked, so to speak. Windjammer Barefoot Cruises too.

So, if you took insurance from the ship, you would get NO benefits, and you would be asked to leave the ship, as was the case with the BRB. Buh bye, see ya, and get home anyway you can

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

On my return air trip home, the plane we were on was the same one that left Chicago a week before and it left on time at 7AM. This Sunday they had some issues and were delayed 2-1/2 hours, I would of been a basket case, even though all should of made the ship no problem, but still. I was, again glad I had the issurance, could of been my flight down and that was cutting it a bit close.

Message Boards Moderator