CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Christmas cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/386578-christmas-cruises.html)

Hugh Ghass December 18th, 2011 02:58 PM

Christmas cruises

Next year I want to take a cruise and get away from anything to do with christmas. Are there any cruises that have absolutely nothing to do with the holidays during christmas?

Kamloops Cruiser December 18th, 2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Ghass (Post 1406117)
Next year I want to take a cruise and get away from anything to do with christmas. Are there any cruises that have absolutely nothing to do with the holidays during christmas?

I think you won't find any cruises that Xmas isn't celebrated.

Some crew members on all ship are Filipino and they would

celebrate on board.

fun2cruiz December 18th, 2011 04:14 PM

Most if not all mass market cruiselines will decorate their ships for the holidays as well as the other passengers celebrating christmas with their familes...... Don't think you will be able to escape it.

Donna December 18th, 2011 04:41 PM

I think it would be still so different than Christmas at home, all the stress, meals, etc. I keep saying, someday, I want to be somewhere nice and warm over the holidays.....

Kamloops Cruiser December 18th, 2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1406128)
I think it would be still so different than Christmas at home, all the stress, meals, etc. I keep saying, someday, I want to be somewhere nice and warm over the holidays.....

Did the Panama one Xmas. I probably go at Xmas on cruise where I would expect to see less kids. Found issues with the cruise. Just my personal opion .

Trip December 18th, 2011 07:16 PM

Whatever ship you sail, there will be decorations, just like on land, you can't escape it, but, you can ignore it. The two holiday sailings I was on, the decorations, were not overt. If you choose to dine at a large table people, there will probably be some discussion of the holiday, at some point, but, once the initial discussion, I would tend to think it wouldn't continue much beyond that, unless, they seat Santa at your table.<VBG>

Sorry, couldn't resist.:mrgreen:

Kamloops Cruiser December 18th, 2011 10:37 PM

When we did the Panama over Xmas , DW found the music and decorations to over welling . Continuous fro Port Everglades to LA . I like the Xmas period but the music was over done. A couple of songs where played most of the time . If they where classical Xmas music but they seemed like a lot of off beat versions of the carols.

green_rd December 19th, 2011 07:39 AM

You want to get away from Christmas, sounds like the plot for a TV holiday movie.

Anyway if you truly want to escape Christmas you might want to consider a land trip to a country with am majority religion such as Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism. How about Bali?

fun2cruiz December 19th, 2011 11:19 AM

Or lease a private yacht for a week and have no christmas stipulations !

colorcrazie December 20th, 2011 03:13 PM

The one time that I did a Christmas cruise, it was very low key and understated. The only thing that really got my attention was seeing Santa get off the tender at the private island. That was funny!
Marty