CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Inside Cabins (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/387783-inside-cabins.html)

Lakers Fan February 18th, 2012 08:52 PM

Inside Cabins

Do Inside cabins have table lamps ?

Trip February 18th, 2012 08:55 PM

yes..................

Lakers Fan February 18th, 2012 09:20 PM

I was wondering because I hear people say its pitch dark in the cabins .

Kuki February 18th, 2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1416192)
I was wondering because I hear people say its pitch dark in the cabins .

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Ah gee... bet they'd be talking about when the lights are off

STILL roflmao

Lakers Fan February 18th, 2012 11:29 PM

What can you do in the dark ?

hooksindo February 19th, 2012 07:05 AM

the cabin to cover

What kind of material is used inside the cabin to cover the walls?

johnthed0g February 19th, 2012 09:07 AM

We have tried Inside cabins on short cruises but we can't take to them. People who say they only use the cabin as a changing room like them.our cabin is out home for the cruise not a place to wash sleep/change.

Mike M February 19th, 2012 09:29 AM

I had an inside cabin once...............................once.

I do not like inside cabins and unfortunately I was in one for over two weeks when we went to China. I'm glad it was a port intensive cruise because I developed inside cabin psychosis after the third or fourth day. I was talking to myself and saying. "There's no window behind those curtains." "How can I cut the sofa in half, haul it up the stairs and throw it overboard."

It was actually a large inside cabin (180 sq. ft.) but I still thought it was tiny.

Yes: There are table lamps. It is pitch black when you turn the lights off and that isn't good for me. We left the bathroom light on and the bathroom door ajar. We also left the TV on, with the sound down, on one of the channels.

It would have to be one heck of a cruise before I would ever have another inside cabin.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan February 19th, 2012 04:22 PM

inside cabin

My BDW desired an inside cabin for our soon to be 12 day cruise .I suffer from claustrophobia .She does not think I will have a problem .

If you hear screams and wonder where they are coming from it will be me.

nlb1050 February 19th, 2012 08:30 PM

Henry, maybe you can get a cabin with portholes. They are usually very close in price to an inside but do allow some light in. These have been our cabin of choice lately instead of an inside. I do not like to spend a lot of time in the cabin during the day or early evening and I found that because of my fear of falling I do not like to be on a balcony on a sea day.

Lakers Fan February 19th, 2012 09:13 PM

Not likely ,I am sailing in 3 weeks .

Golden1 February 20th, 2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1416235)
We have tried Inside cabins on short cruises but we can't take to them. People who say they only use the cabin as a changing room like them.our cabin is out home for the cruise not a place to wash sleep/change.

Thank you, thank you, for saying this about inside cabins. My mother-in-law always says no one spends any time in their room while criusing. I thought there was something wrong with me because on my last cruise (which was my first), I had an obstructed view but found I spent quite a bit of time in my room. It was nice to have a window to look out of even if only for a few minutes. Also for the natural light. I guess I dont feel like I have to constantly be doing something and enjoy my quiet time. However, I dont think I would enjoy it as much in an inside cabin with nowhere to look out. The port hole idea was a good one. If you book this type of room on line, is this considered an oceanview cabin?

Kamloops Cruiser February 20th, 2012 05:40 PM

We usually take an inside cabin. It's dark enough that my DW doesn't have

trouble sleeping. I prefer a balcony to be able to see the sunrise or sunset

depending which side of the side we are on. I like to hear the sea/ocean as we cruise .

With most lines banning smoking we might get a balcony cabin more often.:cool:

johnthed0g February 20th, 2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden1 (Post 1416491)
Thank you, thank you, for saying this about inside cabins. My mother-in-law always says no one spends any time in their room while criusing. I thought there was something wrong with me because on my last cruise (which was my first), I had an obstructed view but found I spent quite a bit of time in my room. It was nice to have a window to look out of even if only for a few minutes. Also for the natural light. I guess I dont feel like I have to constantly be doing something and enjoy my quiet time. However, I dont think I would enjoy it as much in an inside cabin with nowhere to look out. The port hole idea was a good one. If you book this type of room on line, is this considered an oceanview cabin?

Thank YOU for agreeing with me!! I find that those who say they don't spend time in their cabin have the sort of cabin nobody would want to spend any time in!! We love to sit on our balcony, have a drink & nibble stuff.

Manuel February 20th, 2012 06:00 PM

I could not take an inside cabin.

I was on a troop carrier for 23 days and that was enough for me to sail without some kind of window or porhole.

TM

Lakers Fan February 20th, 2012 07:39 PM

My BDW refuses to try and get any other cabin .

Fern February 20th, 2012 08:37 PM

I'm very claustrophobic so I won't be booking an inside cabin any time soon! However, if it get's to the point that the only way I can cruise is in an inside, I'll probably try it :).

On some ship's there are inside cabins that are very close to an outside deck. I might be able to handle that!

Lakers Fan February 20th, 2012 09:30 PM

One of my grandchildren offered to draw a picture of a window for our wall.

Manuel February 20th, 2012 10:42 PM

Henry, if your wife is happy it will be a fun cruise.

TM

Lakers Fan February 20th, 2012 10:47 PM

Hopefully ,Manuel

pastordonnip April 4th, 2012 04:56 PM

My wife and I have been on 11 cruises, and 8 of them were inside cabins. Never had a problem even when we did spend time in the room. MY preference would be balcony rooms but the $200-400 difference was not worth the expense for us. By the way My wife is a little claustrophobic but not on a cruise.:)

Lakers Fan April 4th, 2012 05:03 PM

Our first experience with an Inside was positive but we missed the fresh air .

KellyKayden April 6th, 2012 01:35 PM

Im claustrophobic so when I first saw my inside room...I freaked out a bit. Then I found out its not too bad if you stay out until 4am and solely use the room to sleep...lol.

Also, talking about the dark...on the epic (and probably on other boats) you keep your key card in the light switch to turn the lights on. Im ashamed to admit it took me too long to figure that out and almost cost me a broken toe by running into the closet...lol. well, makes for a funny story anyway.

Lakers Fan April 6th, 2012 03:11 PM

We had the bathroom light on all night .

johnthed0g April 6th, 2012 03:17 PM

Tip...not saying it works everywhere but any card works to keep the lights/power on.
Inside cabins..someone said to me the other day about them...how many rooms have YOU been in with no window?.. come to that no hotel room I bet!

KellyKayden April 6th, 2012 06:02 PM

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle

Im sure any seasoned cruisers who walked by our opened door had themselves a good chuckle at least. Especially when I put the key in, took it out and crashed into the closet 10 seconds later when the light went back out...lol

NewCruiseJunkie May 30th, 2012 09:21 PM

Inside...

I love my inside cabins...but I am much more sensitive to light and found the extreme darkness heaven when trying to sleep. Of course, I also roll up a towel to cover the bottom of the door and hide the light from that as well.

Gonna try a balcony room once again on a trip to Bermuda next May, but wanted the option of sitting on the balcony since we are in port for three days.

Fieldmouse May 31st, 2012 11:50 AM

Some friends of ours went on a Caribbean cruise booked an inside cabin. They over slept the first night because of 'no light'...didn't know it was morning, didn't set their alarm. After the first night they slept with their room door opened. Couldn't take it the complete dark! Now they will take anything, anywhere on the ship except an inside cabin.

Even the thought of an inside cabin gives me the 'creeps'....couldn't take it. NEED air, NEED windows! :shock:

Lakers Fan May 31st, 2012 02:03 PM

When I cruise I arrange for wakeup calls every morning at 6:00 .

Kamloops Cruiser May 31st, 2012 02:40 PM

I have no trouble waking up early.