Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default San Francisco Go Cars and tours

My wife and I will be staying in San Francisco pre cruise in September. We arrive at 1:15pm so our time is limited pre cruise. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to the hotel (not even sure where we are staying yet). Any hotel suggestions are welcome.

We are also staying one day post cruise. We really would like to see as much as possible. I was thinking of some hop on/hop off type of city tour and then Alcatraz is on our must see list. I'm not sure if we can do both in one day? I figured since we arrive back in SF at 7am, we will have a full day to explore so I was hoping we could do a city tour in the day and then the Alcatraz night tour (seems like right now that starts at 4:20pm but not sure if that changes in Sept.)

When searching for SF tours, I found these Go Cars but wasn't sure if that is the best way to see everything. Seems like it would be different. Has anyone ever tried one of these?

http://www.rentcycle.com/biz/ca/san-francisco/54254-gocar-rentals#product/1619/San Francisco Full Day Tour
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Admiral

My favorite places are Fisherman's Wharf and Sausalito .
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Fisherman's Wharf seems like a nice area and looks close to the pier. I'll probably check out hotels in that area pre-cruise. With so much to do, I wish I had more time in San Francisco.