Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Default Cruisemates

Yesterday I had some work done on my house .I was talking to the Contractor and he mentioned that he and his wife have been on 30 cruises .However ,he never heard of Cruisemates .

This morning I was at my health club and spoke to several people ,avid cruisers ,who also never heard of this site .I urged everyone to check it out .

My thinking is ,why are people not familiar with CM ?
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

They used to be more familiar but the web has become inundated with Facebook and other sites.

Plus when we started the cruise lines barely had a web presence at all so many people came to us for cruise information, but now there is so much stuff online from the cruise lines themselves it is hard to compete in the information department.

But when poeple do find us they usually like us. It is just that most people actually have a limited number of web sites they visit on a regular basis.
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
They used to be more familiar but the web has become inundated with Facebook and other sites.

Plus when we started the cruise lines barely had a web presence at all so many people came to us for cruise information, but now there is so much stuff online from the cruise lines themselves it is hard to compete in the information department.

But when poeple do find us they usually like us. It is just that most people actually have a limited number of web sites they visit on a regular basis.

Could it be that most people prefer a site 90% related to cruising as opposed to this site the way its structured ?
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Admiral

I was on another website today and recommende this site to someone today - I am pleased to say they did post.

Henry, on a cruise ship of say 2000 passengers - maybe 100 or so go to a meet&mingle - I think that says it all.

I think it was Kuki who posted recently that most roll calls will appear on FB in the future - I think he is right.

Annie
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Could it be that most people prefer a site 90% related to cruising as opposed to this site the way its structured ?
I don't understand what you are saying. This site is designed to be 99% about cruising, but maybe that is not in the way you experience it.

But I really don't understand if you are saying you see it as being more or less than 90% about cruising.

Basically, we have just one non-cruising area - we didn't design it to be the most active area - that just happened.

Assuming you are saying you see this site as having more than 10% non-cruise areas, do you see that as a distraction?
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

PS:

I just looked and at this moment we have 530 people viewing our cruise message boards and 51 in chit chat.

Carnival alone has 125 people viewing it right now.

Are those the kinds of numbers you are curioous about?
Old March 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

This site has a good following in the UK it's liked because it is well structured lots of real cruise information and well policed by moderators. Interestingly I found another US forum that is now dead in the water due to members not wanting to join face book and some troll activity.
Old March 6th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Spartan, thanks for sharing this info..it's good to hear.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator