Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Glasgow or Loch Lommond and Inveraray Castle

I am arriving in May on a cruise to Glasgow for the day only. We have a few different excursions to pick from. What would be best to see....stay in Glasgow for the day or travel to Loch Lommond and Inveraray Castle? So much to do...so little time.

Thanks in Advance

***Edited to remove commercial reference***

Last edited by Donna; April 27th, 2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: removed hyper link
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

If your in the Campbell Clan then a trip to Inverary Castle would be great. Still a fine place but more emotional if your in the clan.

There is so much to see in Glasgow. I would not miss Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, but I love museums. It's really special though.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Hi

which port -Greenock? Assuming it is Greenock, the trip to LL and Inverary is a breeze - across the Erskine Bridge and an hour up the road to Inverary. Legendary tearoom in Luss on LL and great fish and chips in Inverary.

I have shown many overseas visitors around and they pick countryside every time.

Unless you paticularyly want to see the Dali in Kelvingrove - take the High Road to Inverary. Our weather is normally kind in May

Annie