CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Your site will not upload my pics (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/390599-your-site-will-not-upload-my-pics.html)

momofmeg July 16th, 2012 06:24 PM

Your site will not upload my pics

and do not tell me it is me-as I have uploaded pics here before and have had no trouble at other sites. Please fix this feature or else remove it

Donna July 16th, 2012 06:42 PM

Sometimes it the size of the jpeg file you are trying to upload, I know I have had to downsize them...That may be it....

Mike M July 17th, 2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofmeg (Post 1438794)
and do not tell me it is me-as I have uploaded pics here before and have had no trouble at other sites. Please fix this feature or else remove it

Momofmeg,

It's all your fault. ;):D

I see that you are using the personal photo gallery and that is the thing to do.

I have changed the options so now only three pictures can be uploaded at a time. This should help reduce errors.

If you are uploading "large" pictures (4 megabytes) or larger they will need to be made smaller to reduce errors.

I hope it works for you and I'm looking forward to viewing your pictures.

Take care,
Mike

momofmeg July 25th, 2012 12:59 PM

I have uploaded before without reducing size. I do not understand why I cannot now.

momofmeg July 25th, 2012 01:06 PM

It would not upload 3 at a time. I did 3 once at a time-the first 2 uploaded, the last one failed.

momofmeg August 14th, 2012 08:07 AM

Still failing-I managed to upload 2-cannot upload anymore-can you please fix this?

Lakers Fan August 15th, 2012 09:35 PM

The last time this happened to me I made sure to add CM to my favorites when I got back on and now I just go in from there and never have a problem.

Paul Motter August 24th, 2012 06:43 PM

Mom...

I do suggest reducing the size of your picture before you upload them. This is most likely the problem, and it makes uploading them much easier anyway. There is no harm in reducing pictures to be seen on the web because the web cannot display really big pictures very well anyway.

(My guess is that you are tryin to upload very large pictures and the server is just timing out because the process is taking too long. No one ever said technology was easy).

I know this can be a challenge, but most cameras these days can take pictures as big as 13 MB - that can take an ISP a full minute just to upload one picture - depending on your connection.

There are programs that will re-size ALL of your pictures at the same time. One is called Windows Live Photo Gallery.

You go in and you open a folder, select all the pictures. Hit the "edit" tab and select "resize" - you get a dialog box asking where to save them - you want to click on "make new folder" so you are not resizing the originals.

Then resize and save them all to this new folder. I save them as 800 pixels and they upload in no time at all.

Yes - I do this for every picture I upload. It is very important to remember to save them in a different folder, otherwise you are resizing your original pictures.

You can download Windows Live Photo Gallery here:

Windows downloads - Microsoft Windows

momofmeg August 30th, 2012 04:06 PM

I am not computer savvy Paul-not sure how you do that-but I have uploaded here in the past with no problem.

Could you fix my notifications? It says I have a comment on a photo but when I click on it I am taken to an Oceania advertisement.

momofmeg August 30th, 2012 04:31 PM

Okay, I found the comment form you Paul-as I said I am not computer savvy-LOL! Not sure how I got that ad instead!