Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Default Your site will not upload my pics

and do not tell me it is me-as I have uploaded pics here before and have had no trouble at other sites. Please fix this feature or else remove it

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Sometimes it the size of the jpeg file you are trying to upload, I know I have had to downsize them...That may be it....

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
and do not tell me it is me-as I have uploaded pics here before and have had no trouble at other sites. Please fix this feature or else remove it
Momofmeg,

It's all your fault.

I see that you are using the personal photo gallery and that is the thing to do.

I have changed the options so now only three pictures can be uploaded at a time. This should help reduce errors.

If you are uploading "large" pictures (4 megabytes) or larger they will need to be made smaller to reduce errors.

I hope it works for you and I'm looking forward to viewing your pictures.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Admiral

I have uploaded before without reducing size. I do not understand why I cannot now.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old July 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Admiral

It would not upload 3 at a time. I did 3 once at a time-the first 2 uploaded, the last one failed.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Still failing-I managed to upload 2-cannot upload anymore-can you please fix this?

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old August 15th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Admiral

The last time this happened to me I made sure to add CM to my favorites when I got back on and now I just go in from there and never have a problem.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Mom...

I do suggest reducing the size of your picture before you upload them. This is most likely the problem, and it makes uploading them much easier anyway. There is no harm in reducing pictures to be seen on the web because the web cannot display really big pictures very well anyway.

(My guess is that you are tryin to upload very large pictures and the server is just timing out because the process is taking too long. No one ever said technology was easy).

I know this can be a challenge, but most cameras these days can take pictures as big as 13 MB - that can take an ISP a full minute just to upload one picture - depending on your connection.

There are programs that will re-size ALL of your pictures at the same time. One is called Windows Live Photo Gallery.

You go in and you open a folder, select all the pictures. Hit the "edit" tab and select "resize" - you get a dialog box asking where to save them - you want to click on "make new folder" so you are not resizing the originals.

Then resize and save them all to this new folder. I save them as 800 pixels and they upload in no time at all.

Yes - I do this for every picture I upload. It is very important to remember to save them in a different folder, otherwise you are resizing your original pictures.

You can download Windows Live Photo Gallery here:

Windows downloads - Microsoft Windows
Old August 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Admiral

I am not computer savvy Paul-not sure how you do that-but I have uploaded here in the past with no problem.

Could you fix my notifications? It says I have a comment on a photo but when I click on it I am taken to an Oceania advertisement.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old August 30th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Okay, I found the comment form you Paul-as I said I am not computer savvy-! Not sure how I got that ad instead!

I have now achieved-
139 days total