CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Booking out an entire cruise ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/398645-booking-out-entire-cruise-ship.html)

xac14 September 2nd, 2013 05:04 AM

Booking out an entire cruise ship

Dear Cruisemates staff,

I have a crazy idea for my wedding which is to book out an entire cruise ship for 4-7days. I have no idea if this is possible or not but I was wondering if anyone knows where I could start to speak to either agents or the actual cruise lines themselves.

I would want a cruise ship of around 200-300 rooms and I want it to be luxury but also with a range of accommodation so that the guests have a choice of cabin prices.

I am thinking of cruising in the Mediterranean, specifically the greek islands and am hoping to plan it for summer of 2015.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks very much

ruthlessboss September 2nd, 2013 08:52 AM

Now that's a pipe dream. And expect guests to pay for their cabins?

Marc September 2nd, 2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xac14 (Post 1483736)
Dear Cruisemates staff,

I have a crazy idea for my wedding which is to book out an entire cruise ship for 4-7days. I have no idea if this is possible or not but I was wondering if anyone knows where I could start to speak to either agents or the actual cruise lines themselves.

I would want a cruise ship of around 200-300 rooms and I want it to be luxury but also with a range of accommodation so that the guests have a choice of cabin prices.

I am thinking of cruising in the Mediterranean, specifically the greek islands and am hoping to plan it for summer of 2015.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks very much

Regent Seven Seas Cruises does have a ship the size you are looking for each summer in the Med and they do full ship charters

Luxury Cruise Vacations from Regent Seven Seas Cruises

however, it is a single payer system; you have to pay for the entire ship. If you want to collect money from guests that is on your own.

ruthlessboss September 2nd, 2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1483750)
Regent Seven Seas Cruises does have a ship the size you are looking for each summer in the Med and they do full ship charters

Luxury Cruise Vacations from Regent Seven Seas Cruises

however, it is a single payer system; you have to pay for the entire ship. If you want to collect money from guests that is on your own.

Yes, the whole ship.

aerospace September 2nd, 2013 02:54 PM

I would imagine whole ship charters likely need a 1 or even 2 year lead time

Maybe look into booking a yacht for the wedding itself if your wanting to do it at sea and rent out a hotel on the beach for the week.

Dave Beers September 2nd, 2013 04:57 PM

I had dinner with an executive from a company that specializes in arranging charter cruises a couple years ago. Now, this was on the Liberty Of The Seas and not a smaller ship but he said the deposit to charter the ship was around $1,000,000 for the 4-night cruise and that was non-refundable. This is before the first cabin is sold. The chartering person or company then has to make scheduled payments for the remaining contract amount among many other stipulations.

psumustang September 3rd, 2013 02:05 AM

That would be an awesome wedding and one that I would actually look forward to going to lol