Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question Transportation to/from SJU airport and RCCL Pier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Travelling on Jewel of the Seas at end of October from San Juan. Flying in to San Juan from NYC. Does anyone know best way to get from / to cruise port from airport. Will be with a party of 6 on same flight. Any suggestions for a van to meet us at airport / cruise ship? How much are the taxis if we choose to go that route and is there any problem getting multiple taxis? Scheduled to arrive around 1:50 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

If I recall correctly the airport is not too far from the pier. Keep in mind that San Juan is a cruise city so they are ready for people like you (and your party). I would just look for a van-style taxi when I arrive. The worst that could happen is that you need two smaller taxies.

Or, if you want to be sure you have a van you can pre-book a car service (remember you have luggage too). Just search online for one.
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

After you pick up your luggage, look for the taxi stand inside and get in line and they will give you a ticket. Keep in mind, they will ask, how many pieces of luggage you all have, I believe it's a $1.00 per bag added on to the fare...Once you get your ticket, go outside and get in the taxi line. They do have some vans that should fit your whole party... It is about 20-30 minute drive to the pier from the airport..

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 8th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I have took the cab and the service was quite fine, also it wasn't too pricey not to mention it was the best and most comfortable option for a ride.