Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Excursions: to book online or on the ship?

Hello,

I am a frist time cruiser and will go to the Greek Islands in September on MSC Fantasia. I want to do some Ship excursions, should I book it online on the ship's website in advance or wait until i am aboard? Any advice will be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Some excursions can sell out quicker than others, and if you wait until the cruise starts to book them onboard they may be sold out. Thus booking them before the cruise can make sense.

For first time cruisers I usually suggest they go with the tours offered by the cruise line, especially if it is in a place you have never visited before. The cruise line tours will 'hold your hand' throughout and you'll have peace of mind that you won't miss the ship if the tour is late, etc. However, you can usually get the same tour for less money if you book them independently with an excursion operator. It really depends on how comfortable you feel about booking something outside of the control of the cruise line. Shoretrips.com is a reputable company that many travel professionals use.
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too would look though all that is offered and go ahead and book anything you really want to do, like Dave mentioned, some sell out quickly..

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:54 PM
First Mate

Ditto the above posts. If you have your heart set on shore excursions book online. You will get the shore excursions you want and you will get the time. Some shore excursions will have a morning and afternoon time slot.