Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2018, 02:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Is it an ad or malware???

Something strange happened when I tried to sign in. Usually my username and password stays on this site but for some reason my chromebook reset to yahoo search instead of google search much to my annoyance and going on the chromebook forum I was told how to reset my computer to go back to the chromebook set on google home page. I did not know how this happened, whether it was because I had removed my adblockers (so I could use ebates) or more likely when I tried to download free online movies I may have inadvertently loaded on some malware.

When I reset my computer I had to reenter usernames and passwords on all sites I use including this one. At first I entered the wrong password and suddenly these green pop ups came up saying log in, log in, and to download the extensions, given what happened I was very careful, and finally found the small box on this site to reenter my user name and password, was what happened pop up ads since I took off my adblockers or is it something from cruisemates (doubted that as I think the moderator owner of this site, is no longer running this site even though still up.)
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Another cause could be if you are using a junk cleaner such as ccleaner. I use this product and although it is brilliant if you do not change some settings, all of your cookies & passwords get cleared down with any internet history & temporary files (plus lots of other computer generated junk).
Just a thought, but hope it gives another avenue of investigation.
Oriana Farewell Year Mar'19
Viking Alruna River Cruise Dec'19

History:
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Royal, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(3), Britannia, Oceana(4), Oriana(13), Ventura(3), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(8), QE, Caronia(2)
Oceania Nautica, Minerva, Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade(2), =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey, CMV Magellan