Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Australia/New Zealand
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2008, 01:17 PM
Beginner

Default NZ to Miami

we've never been on a cruise, but are planning on being in OZ sometime between Dec 08 and March 09. We'd really appreciate suggestions from "old-timers" on just about everything! Ideally, we'd like to fly to Cairns, visit the Reef, visit Ayers Rock, visit Sydney & Melbourne, then fly to NZ to see old friends and take a cruise back from NZ to Miami Alternatively, we could do it in reverse -- fly to NZ, then to OZ and cruise back from Queensland. I realize this is more than a "mouthful" but any help to "cruise virgins" would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: NZ to Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshop
we've never been on a cruise, but are planning on being in OZ sometime between Dec 08 and March 09.
We'd really appreciate suggestions from "old-timers" on just about everything!
Ideally, we'd like to fly to Cairns, visit the Reef, visit Ayers Rock, visit Sydney & Melbourne, then fly to NZ to see old friends and take a cruise back from NZ to Miami Alternatively, we could do it in reverse -- fly to NZ, then to OZ and cruise back from Queensland.
I realize this is more than a "mouthful" but any help to "cruise virgins" would be greatly appreciated!
Having never been on a cruise (much like myself) wouldn't it be wise to take a short cruise to see if you actually like it as NZ to LA is a long cruise if you find you don't like it?

The Sapphire princess has just left NZ for LA. (next stop Suva Fiji)
This is the last cruise to leave this area.
To get to Miami you would have to have to catch a repo cruise from LA.

http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/s...bridgecam.html
LIVE PICTURE HERE...

Good luck.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Beginner

Lombard: Thank you for your excellent advice. We will try to take a short cruise from Miami, as you suggest. I'll investigate the Princess. Thanks again
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Passenger

We are going on a 12 day great barrier reef cruise in December on RCCL's Rhapsody. This cruise included round trip airfair from Minneapolis our departure city to Sydney.

In yesterday's travel zoo internet top 20, the cruise reseller Crucon has a 15 day cruise on Celebrity leaving Honolulu and included return airfair from Sydney. What caught my eye was they are sailing through French Polynesia and I think also NZ. Go to crucon's website for more info. I think they only have 50 cabins available with the included air.

If you are interested in the great barrier reef, once in Sydney our cruise is only about & $900 for 12 days.

This looks like a great way to get to AU from the USA if you ask me.

Free Cruise Clocks