CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Australia/New Zealand (
-   -   Cruise to Australia (

mcdeeman July 2nd, 2009 12:29 AM

Cruise to Australia
We are thinking of doing a cruise out of Australia in the next year or so and would be happy for any info anyone might cruiseline, itins, etc.... Also can anyone tell me which is better an Australia/Taz cruise or an Australia/NZ cruise. It seems the one to Taz is cheaper and shorter in duration

richstacy July 5th, 2009 03:09 PM

Don't know where you are starting from but wherever it is Australia New Zealand is a very long way to go for a short cruise. There are some wonderful 14 day cruises available on great lines like Holland or Princess, that make the Sydney-Auckland route one way or the other.
Tazmania is actually part of Australia and some cruises include Hobart/Port Arthur, then go on to Melbourne and then Sydney. Don't miss new Zealand, the scenery on the south island is spectacular. Check these links:

(then click on Australia New Zealand)[/url]

richstacy July 5th, 2009 03:34 PM

This 12 day cruise might be ideal for you.

Lombard July 5th, 2009 05:08 PM

Shame Celebrity pulled out of this market.

worthew8 July 5th, 2009 08:04 PM

Australia is the last thing on my bucket list. Can't wait!

Lombard July 6th, 2009 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by worthew8
Australia is the last thing on my bucket list. Can't wait!

LMAO Oh O! :shock:

Do the ozzy / nz cruise but if you want to see our capital city choose your "ship" carefully. The biggest princess ship dosnt visit us because the captain is a wimp?

richstacy July 6th, 2009 12:05 PM

Ah yes Lombard, you are in Wellington right? We were there on the Crystal Harmony in '93. A lovely city! We rode a cable car to the top of the hill and had tea and scones. Then back down, we went to an Aquarium with a glass tunnel in it. It was quite breezy, but we lived in Cheyenne Wyoming at the time so it seemed calm by comparison :D :!:
From there we went to Picton, a delightful place, and on to Milford sound, breathtakingly beautiful -- then across the Tasman Sea to Hobart Tasmania, then Melbourne and Sydney.

mcdeeman July 6th, 2009 09:41 PM

Thx for tips. We wont be going till 2011 most likely....