Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Azamara Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Beginner

Default Balcony question - Deck 6 or 8 ? Azamara Quest

We are about to book the Best of Italy cruise on the Azamara Quest next Summer. We have to decide between Category 1A around the Cabin 8010 area which is towards the front, or Category 2A Cabin 6060 which is towards the rear. Does anyone know if Deck 8 cabins are more prone to feel movement and whether that particular cabin on Deck 6 would be prone to engine noise being nearer the back? Any advice welcome!
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Balcony question - Deck 6 or 8 ? Azamara Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosteve
We are about to book the Best of Italy cruise on the Azamara Quest next Summer. We have to decide between Category 1A around the Cabin 8010 area which is toward the front, or Category 2A Cabin 6060 which is toward the rear. Does anyone know if Deck 8 cabins are more prone to feel movement and whether that particular cabin on Deck 6 would be prone to engine noise being nearer the back? Any advice welcome!
You will not have any engine noise in the Cat 2A cabin. We have cruised in the rear of the Renaissance ships and there was no engine noise. We have cruised on Azamara in a 2A, 6031, and loved it. 6060 is actually close to midship.

One other thing to note: The 1A cabin and the 2A are exactly the same configuration. It might save you a couple of bucks. IMO The cabins are basically the same.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Beginner

Thanks Mike

Think we will go for the Deck 6 ones then. Glad to hear there was no noise - did you notice any vibration at all when you were at the rear of the Renaissance, either in the cabin or in the dining room which is just below? Also, can you remember what furniture was on the balcony of Room 6031 on the Azamara Quest? There doesn't seem to be much room!
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosteve
Thanks Mike

Think we will go for the Deck 6 ones then. Glad to hear there was no noise - did you notice any vibration at all when you were at the rear of the Renaissance, either in the cabin or in the dining room which is just below? Also, can you remember what furniture was on the balcony of Room 6031 on the Azamara Quest? There doesn't seem to be much room!
The balcony is a "standard" balcony. Here is a picture of the table and two chairs that are on each of the Cat 1 and 2 balconies. You do have to move the table in order to have breakfast but it is large enough to have breakfast and enjoy morning coffee.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me