Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Azamara Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Azamara Panama Cruise December 18th

Hi! Everybody
My husband and I will be hitting the States again at the end of year with a 3 week land travel and then departing from Miami on the "journey" 16 day Panama Canal through to LA (cant wait).......any feed back will be more than welcome.
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Passenger

Thats really very enjoying and please share your other traveling experiences also with us.
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi! Merlin Lee
Pheew!! Where would you like me to start....No, seriously.....because australia so far away and since our first cruise out of the states(we were hooked!!!!hook line and sinker!!!!! so each time we come over for a cruise now we always spend an average of 4 weeks on land. We own a couple of different timeshares , so that helps having the accomadation and we have been fortunate enough to secure weeks at various resorts where its fitted into our schedule to coincide with the cruise.
We have covered a few areas mainly down the west cost California then inland(Vegas/Denver/ Vail(rockies)/New Orleons) last year we did canada and alaska.
We loved the big ships and we also like a nice service...so we found celebrity were bit better in this department than Carnival(but, not that we could fault Carnival in anyway)
So , this is a new venture for us again...going on the "Journey" being a much smaller boat and a longer cruise...so just hope we enjoy it as much as the other cruises.
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Admiral

hazengreg,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hi! Merlin Lee
Pheew!! Where would you like me to start....No, seriously.....because australia so far away and since our first cruise out of the states(we were hooked!!!!hook line and sinker!!!!! so each time we come over for a cruise now we always spend an average of 4 weeks on land. We own a couple of different timeshares , so that helps having the accomadation and we have been fortunate enough to secure weeks at various resorts where its fitted into our schedule to coincide with the cruise.
We have covered a few areas mainly down the west cost California then inland(Vegas/Denver/ Vail(rockies)/New Orleons) last year we did canada and alaska.
We loved the big ships and we also like a nice service...so we found celebrity were bit better in this department than Carnival(but, not that we could fault Carnival in anyway)
So , this is a new venture for us again...going on the "Journey" being a much smaller boat and a longer cruise...so just hope we enjoy it as much as the other cruises.
I can't speak to the Celebrity/Azamara incarnation of these vessels, but I did take a cruise aboard sister MV Tahitian Princess (nee MV R4) in the South Pacific in 2003. The ship's layout has a few weird wrinkles, like the location of the specialty restaurants (in the upper public areas around the pool, which normally are "designated casual areas" on lines that have "formal" evenings), but the ship offers all of the amenities and facilities that you would expect to find on larger ships except dedicated facilities for children, youth, and teens. I also found that the ship provided a very smooth ride even on open ocean -- and our ports of call included Apia, Samoa, and Pago Pago, American Samoa, on a cruise that operated round trip from Papeete, French Polynesia, so we travered some very open waters! You also should expect that the shows will be somewhat smaller in scale, with less emphasis on special effects, because the show lounges on these ships are smaller and less elaborate than the theaters on Celebrity's vessels. Overall, though, it should be a very enjoyable cruise!

Norm.
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks! for your input Norm....I appreciate it.
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Captain

Default Re: Azamara Panama Cruise December 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazengreg
Hi! Everybody
My husband and I will be hitting the States again at the end of year with a 3 week land travel and then departing from Miami on the "journey" 16 day Panama Canal through to LA (cant wait).......any feed back will be more than welcome.
We did the trip on the sister ship Oceania Regatta.....not sure what type of feed back you are looking for?

The ships are very nice do not have to hike all day to get someplace on the ship. we have been on Decks 4, 6 & 7 all great.
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Admiral

hazengreg,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Thanks! for your input Norm....I appreciate it.
You're welcome!

Norm.