CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Azamara Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/azamara-cruises/)
-   -   Azamara journey 4/4/2011 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/azamara-cruises/378777-azamara-journey-4-4-2011-a.html)

Sulross December 17th, 2010 09:01 AM

Azamara journey 4/4/2011

The wife and I will be doing our first Azamara cruise in April. Doing the 13 day crossing from Miami to Rome. Looking forward to trying something new and different. We have done 33 cruises and 3 crossings, but nothing on a ship that only holds 694 passengers. We are Diamond Plus on RCCL which gets us some good benifits on Azamara so this should be fun. I know some of you have done the crossing before on this ship, any tips or helpful advise. Thanks:cool:

anniegb December 18th, 2010 03:47 AM

I have done the crossing on the Journey westbound.

The food is esp good and I love sea days.

The relatively smal size of vessel suits my personality but I can imagine it may not suit all.

Annie

lespetites January 3rd, 2011 01:59 AM

Hi, we will be going on this cruise also. We have been on the Quest, the Journeys sister ship in June 2008 for 14 days from Rome to Athens. Loved it. Have only been on Celebrity Millenium for transatlantic and loved the sea days. This is a much smaller ship but I am looking forward to it. Bring books (I am bring my kindle loaded with reading material). Also when we were on the Quest they had wonderful lectures. I bet they might have a wine tasting or pairing or two if that interests you. We met so many nice people to visit with and the entertainment was very good. It is more laid back and remember no formal nights. We can't wait to just veg. and relax. The food was excellent and the two speciality restaurants were great. Try them you might really enjoy the different menu and atmosphere. Most important thing is to remember to relax and take a breath and breath. Hope this was a little helpful. :)

Celebrity Constellation 2010
Holland America Oosterdam2010
Mariner of the Seas 2010
Celebrity Infinity 2009
Mariner of the Seas 2009
Celebrity Millenium 2008
Azamara Quest 2008
Celebrity Infinity 2007
Celebrity Constellation 2007

cuttnerc January 3rd, 2011 08:21 AM

Azamara--Quest 1/8/11

My husband and I are traveling on the Azamara Quest 1/8/11 in Asia. We have traveled on the same ship when it was part of the Renaissance Cruise Line. Renaissance Cruise Line closed after 9/11. We loved the size of the ship. We are so looking forward to the Azamara refurbished ship and can't wait to sail. Will let you know when we return.

Sulross January 3rd, 2011 06:53 PM

Thanks

Thanks for keeping this thread going. As it gets closer to sail time we should have many more chimming in. Waiting to hear about our air arraingments, we can not control as it is paid for and booked by cruise line. Ready to meet many of you in 3 months:cool: