CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Azamara Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/azamara-cruises/)
-   -   Drink Package Prices (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/azamara-cruises/380120-drink-package-prices.html)

Trackypup February 2nd, 2011 06:34 PM

Drink Package Prices

Azamara's website is showing drink packages similar to Celebrity's being available as of Feb. 1. Anyone have any pricing details? I phoned Azamara, they don't know much.

Bill Leiber February 7th, 2011 11:30 PM

Hello Trackypup,

Here are the details for the drink package and thanks for your patience.

DRINK PACKAGE:
 The drink package (liquor, wine, beer, cocktails, etc.) will cost $ 39.00 per person per day.
 This price includes all items in each category that are listed up to $12.00.
 Any item above $12 would be available at 25% off (excluding wines on our wine list).
 The packages will be available starting Feb 15 on the Journey and Feb 19 on the Quest.

HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
 Guests may buy the package onboard.
 Guests or our Travel Partners may pre-purchase the package by calling reservations; however, our technology department is still fine-tuning our reservations’ system so right now the program is not available through reservations.
 Important Note - the package must be purchased for the duration of the entire voyage.
 During the boarding process, guests will receive a new key card that identifies them to the entitlement of the drink package.

I will get back to you when the system has been modified to accept drink package reservations.

Bill Leiber
Chief Blogging Officer*
Azamara Club Cruises
(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Trackypup February 8th, 2011 12:50 PM

Thanks for the info Bill.

Marc February 8th, 2011 02:59 PM

That price is cheap! Does that also include soda and bottled water? Is there any limit on number of drinks per day? A bottle of wine with lunch, another bottle for dinner, and pre-dinner and post-dinner drinks will easily add up to more than $39 per person. If you add in daiquiris by the pool... ;)

Mike M February 8th, 2011 03:30 PM

That is a great price if it includes soda, water, juices, coffees, specialty martini type drinks and blended drinks. Celebrity's price is about $10/pp/pd more. Definitely an alternative if you drink more than four top shelf cocktails a day.

Bottle wine is not included in the package but wine by the glass is.

Take care,
Mike

Trackypup February 8th, 2011 05:32 PM

Azamara already includes coffees, teas, soft drinks and bottled water, wine with lunch and wine with dinner in their price.

I think it's reasonable for $10 less than Celebrity. As you said, glass of Domaine Chandon before dinner, wine, martini after dinner drink.... got my money's worth and that's just using it at night.

Marc February 8th, 2011 07:25 PM

Does the drink package include drinks ordered from room service?

If the wines poured are decent, this is a pretty good deal.

I know Celebrity has a drink package and Carnival has a package for groups (as long as all sign up for it); why don't all cruise lines offer this? $50 per day per person is cheap when you keep from getting a surprise at end of cruise.

Truck Cruiser February 11th, 2011 02:42 AM

Very interesting thread.....If I am reading right....If one was to buy a drink package then Azamara would pretty much be an all inclusive cruise minus the shore excursions...Is this a correct assessment?

Thanks
Tim

Katzenjammer February 15th, 2011 05:24 PM

If you get a suite then you get wine delivered to room, plus two bottles of hard liquor included in the cost of the cruise.

All passengers get wine with lunch and dinner anyway; so if that is what you mostly drink then you are in good shape.

This line is a good bargain - especially when the cost is about 20% below Oceana.

GrannyLorr February 18th, 2011 01:30 AM

I think the idea of these "drink packages" are a brilliant idea. I wish the ships sailing around the Oz area would do something similar, although those ships being full of mostly Aussies would never make a profit that way!;)