Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Azamara Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:05 PM
First Mate

Cool Oceanview Cabins on Quest

Has anyone done the obstructed view cabins on deck 6 by lifeboats or the unobstructed view on deck 4 forward. Is there any view at all where the lifeboats are, can you get some sunlight and partial view. Thanks
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I have seen these cabins when they were the R Ships with Renaissance and on the Azamara Journey.

The size is OK but not large. I think around 150 - 160 sq. ft. The obstructed view cabins on deck 6 have a larger window and depending on the cabin will not have an obstruction but a life boat on each side. They are also parallel to the hallway instead of being perpendicular to it. This gives a feeling of the cabin being small when you first walk in but once you are in that feeling goes away.

Actually, none of the cabins on the former R ships are huge. The suites are a good size, especially the top end aft and forward suites but the balconies are 165 sq. ft. and the insides are around 150. All of the cabins make an excellent use of available space and I never felt cramped. I had a similar 165 sq. ft. cabin on Dawn Princess and I felt cramped because of the layout.

If I had to book a cabin on a former R ship, like Quest, I would take the ones on deck 6. Others may have a different opinion.

Take care and enjoy Azamara. You will enjoy it no matter what cabin you choose.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me