Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default FrankM - St. Maarten

Hi again Frank,
Found a pic of Orient beach in St. Maarten, if you are into more water sports, para-sailing, jet ski's, etc. Nothing to see snorkeling, but all in all a great beach day, lots to do and see :-) I understand there is some good shopping on the island too, but we just spent the day at the beach.

Donnassei/Sealover

Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2000, 05:07 PM
FrankM

Default RE: FrankM - St. Maarten

Donna,
Thanks for the St. Maarten info and the pix of Orient Beach. It looks like I will have a full schedule on St. Maarten with all the info I am getting. Judy said that the shopping may be even better on the Dutch side of the island than in St. Thomas V. I. which confirms what you said. I also have heard that a stop at the Wednesday Market is a sight to see on the French side and my ship is there on Wed. So the Market plus Orient Beach, will probably be my first stop. Shopping on St. Maarten may not be open when my ship arrives in port so I may head for French St. Martin first,see the Market, get some sun on Orient Beach then do my shopping in the afternoon in Dutch St. Maarten close to the ship.

You have shown me a couple of pix from your cruises. Are you, or your husband, the photographer in the family? I also take a sleu of photographs on my cruises. If I can find a way to digitize the 35MM prints, I'll have to put a couple of them in my future notes and return the photo-favor.
Old September 17th, 2000, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Frank,
I think the pic taking is a joint effort between my husband and myself. We just use a 35 mm camera and have the aol pictures done and download them to our disk, pretty easy. Look forward to seeing some of your pics, sounds like you have everyday well planned, actually thats the way to do it, in order to get in everything you want to see. I think you'll enjoy the southern route, thats my
favorite, the islands are beautiful, good shopping, etc. Only problem is not enough "sea" days, but there are quite a few good beaches to visit so that makes up for it. Take care and have fun with all the planning, its almost half the fun :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 19th, 2000, 11:01 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

Wow...Is all I said when I opend this picture. Will be there in November.VIA the Norway