Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2000, 09:37 PM
Mary Lou Scanlon

Default Nassau Temperatures in January?

Will be in Caribbean week of January 7. What kind of weather can I expect, especially in Nassau?????
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2000, 09:26 AM
Pricipled

Default RE: Nassau Temperatures in January?

According to the paper, it will be 84 today. We'll be there next week, I'll let you know the temp. along with the Rain Forest info!
Old December 22nd, 2000, 07:48 PM
Mary Lou

Wow, next week already!!! That is great. I will look for your posts when you return. Thanks for the info on the temps. Have a great cruise.
Old December 25th, 2000, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Marylou,

Normal temperatures in Nassau (and throughout the Bahamas) are in the 80's in the daytime and in the 60's in the evening throughout the winter. Of course, extreme weather patterns can push daytime temperatures down into the 50's or up in to the 100's so it's prudent to bring extra layers (a sweatshirt, a sweater, and a waterproof spring/fall jacket, should suffice) in case you need them.

Norm.
Old December 29th, 2000, 06:51 PM
Mary Lou Scanlon

Thanks for the info Norm. One thing I can't be accused of is skimping when it comes to packing. ....... I tend to bring everything (just in case)!
Old December 30th, 2000, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Mary Lou,

The key to successful packing for a cruise is to take the most versatile items of clothing. For example, I have met a few ladies who said that they bring one formal dress (usually plain black) and accessorize it differently for the each formal evening. They bring another (less formal) outfit for the semiformal evenings. One of my favorites is to pack the knit "golf" or "polo" shirts rather than standard T-shirts. Since the "golf" or "polo" shirts have collars, they are appropriate for wear with slacks on the casual evenings, yet still casual enough to wear with shorts or, around the pool area, to toss on over a bathing suit during the day. Additionally, you might want to bring items that you can wear in multiple combinations to give yourself maximum flexibility.

Norm.
Old January 1st, 2001, 08:29 AM
Mary Lou Scanlon

Norm:
Thanks for the tips....I will make good use of them.
Happy sailing!
Mary Lou