Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Cie

Default 1st Cruise, advice on port calls

My husband and I are going on the Victory, Western Caribbean, during April. We would like all advice regarding ship and excursions. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day...Cie
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2001, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 1st Cruise, advice on port calls

Cie,
Just make sure to clinb the falls at Dunns River and to snorkel with the Sting Rays in Grand Cayman. There is also a great dolphin swim in Cozumel I understand is well worth the money.

Here is a recent members review of Victory that will be a very interesting read, enjoy and happy cruising:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_carnival/victory4.html>

Here is some additional information that is for "first time cruisers", lots of great tips and will help make this first cruise one to remember:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donnassei
Old January 29th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Admiral

OK - here you go. At Cozumel, do the dolphin swim thing. My wife did and had a fabulous time. While she did that, I wandered about Cozumel. I made the unfortunate mistake of buying about 4 XL T-shirts. After they were washed, they were smaller enough to fit a Barbie doll.

In Grand Cayman - we loved this place - go snorkle with the Sting Rays at Sting Ray City. My son and I did this and loved it. Gorgeous area - nice boat ride.
Note, take heavy duty sun block and put it on. Don't spoil your trip because of sun burns. Wear a hat and take sun glasses out to see the Sting Rays. The water will probably be low enough that you can walk around - wear a hat and sun glasses for sure. Also - right off the dock I found the neatest antique shop. Go in there and buy yourself an old compass. It's a helluva lot nicer gift that will always cherish and reminder of your trip there - compared to the cheap t-shirts and other junk sold on there.

Jamaica - go on the Bremer's Plantation tour and then go to Dun River.

Now the sour note: Jamaica is littered with garbage and Cozumel is not a whole lot better. I'm not saying they have to be pristine clean but for the love of Pete, somebody needs to clean up the litter.
Old January 30th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Cie

Will, thanks a bunch, I like your suggestions, and the compass idea is a wonderful gift.
Most helpful....the best to you and yours!
Old January 30th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cie,

Have a great cruise on Victory and enjoy all the islands :-)

DOnnassei